31: Yoriichi Type Zero

Start from the beginning

kotetsu then shouts, gaining their attention as he backs away from them, "get away!!" He yells at tanjiro and muichirou, "i won't give that key to anyone! not even if you torture me!" He says reluctantly.

"kid," (y/n) sweat-drops at him as his masked face looks at her, "i highly doubt you'd last if someone did torture you. so don't go saying things that you yourself aren't sure of." She sighs in exhaustion.

kotetsu looks down awkwardly. He knew damn well himself he would give up and cry in less than five seconds, in fact, barely even ONE second..!

"...that's right," muichirou stands in front of them, "even most grown ups can't take it. You would never last. you're stupid beyond belief. So what if it breaks? Make a new one. How many people do you think will perish if you continue to drone on and on about trivial matters? that's what it means to obstruct a hashira in his duty." His face was shadowed by his hair, "a hashira's time is worth more than wasting it on you people. swordsmiths can't fight nor can they save people because making weapons is all you're good for."

(y/n) gapes at his blatant insult towards kotetsu. Now hold up..—

muichirou extends his hand, "now, remember your place and give me the key." He nonchalantly says. There was a silence.

"what the hell is wrong you?" (y/n) asks in disbelief, drawing their eyes on her, "being a sword maker is just as important as it is being a hashira. We all have our own roles to contribute to society. If it wasn't for this village, how would you end up slaying demons in the first place if not for the weapons they provide? A hashira is worthless without his sword, so don't undermine someone just because you feel your job has more importance over others." She lectures muichirou, who simply stares in silence.

tanjiro nods in agreement, glaring at muichirou, "that's right!! sword-smiths have amazing skills that are totally different than ours! We need each other! we're all fighting the same battle!!"

muichirou looks at the burgundy-haired male with a bored expression, "sorry, but i don't have time to stand here all day hearing your speech." He directed that to tanjiro, making (y/n) scratch her head in confusion. Didn't i give a speech too??? So why didn't he say anything about me?? In an instant, the mist hashira knocks him out, making her blink as she saw this coming.

"the key." muichirou holds his hand out as kotetsu defeatedly gives it to him. He takes it and walks away with the mechanical doll, leaving (y/n) and the kid behind without a glance. The two stare at tanjiro's unconscious body.

"...what do we do now?? carry him to the village?? how??" kotetsu asks her, worried.

(y/n) was about to tell him that he'll wake up shortly so there's no need to carry him back to the village when a tall figure emerges from the trees, making her eyes widened, "haganezuka.." she murmurs before averting her eyes when she remembers how the village chief wanted her to marry the sword maker; embarrassment floods through her.

haganezuka looks at her. He had heard everything. He felt...appreciated. The (h/c)-ette hadn't damaged her sword at all, which was a relief. She spoke up on behalf of all the sword-smiths in the village. She respects his skills, hard work and handicraft he's put into making her and tanjiro's sword, not to mention she is extremely beautiful to the eyes. When he had returned to his home, he hadn't meant to drone on and on about her but he did and now the whole village including the chief wanted him to marry. Not that he was against it or anything, it was about time he found a wife to...—-

(y/n) felt awkward as she could feel haganezuka's stare on her, "is everything...alright??" She hesitantly asks. Why is he just staring at me and not saying anything..?!!