Chapter Eleven

A/N: I know very little about real estate so I apologize if this isn't that accurate, I tried my best :) 

LUCY

There is a knock at the door and I look up to see Aaron and Celina enter.

"Hey," Aaron says. "How are you feeling?"

"I mean, not great, obviously." I laugh, gesturing to my hospital bed. "I'm still not entirely sure what's happened."

"Well, we were just talking to your doctor before we came in."

"And...?"

"You have a fractured clavicle, broke your left foot, dislocated your left shoulder, and broke your right tibia. You also bruised some ribs and a few fractured as well." Celina answers.

"No wonder everything hurts then, huh?" I laugh.

"You're going to need a few surgeries to fix everything, but they needed to give your body some time to recover," Aaron explains.

"From the surgery for the internal bleeding, right?"

"Yes. They wanted to wait until you woke up, and then give you two days after that to rest. Then they need to make sure that your vitals are where they need to be."

"Since it's dangerous to perform surgery when you're pregnant, they're wanting to come up with a plan to minimize the surgery you need as much as possible, and making sure that they only do what's necessary. You've got a whole team of doctors supporting you. They want to make the best decision for you and your babies." Celina smiles at me.

I gasp. "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you!"

"What?" Aaron and Celina asked.

"When I asked them to check on the twins, they found a third one!"

They both gasp audibly. "Shut up! Are you serious?" Celina asks.

"So serious. They think that one of them either started out a little underdeveloped and so they didn't see it on the previous scans, or that the third one was simply hiding and we couldn't see it. Two are identical and one is fraternal."

"That's insane!"

Celina frowns as she studies my expression. I may be trying to appear calm, but I'm not fooling her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I lie.

"Come on, Lucy,"

I sigh. "Fine. Tim and I weren't ready for a kid. Our apartment barely has room for us and Tamara, we don't have the finances for a child, and neither of us wanted to have kids this early. We both wanted to wait a few more years. We barely even had any time to process the fact that I was pregnant before we found out that it was twins. I've just started to warm up to the idea of twins, and now boom, it's triplets."

I can feel myself starting to cry. Aaron and Celina hurry to either side of me, wrapping me in a hug. "Shhh, it's going to be okay," Celina assures me.

"Yeah, we're here for you. We all want to help in whatever way we can," Aaron says.

I smile. "You guys are the best."

TIM

"So, you want a coastal-style home, preferably two levels, with at least four bedrooms and five bathrooms, correct?"

"If it's not too much trouble," I say.

"There's no problem. Anything for the woman who saved my life." Kyle smiles at Angela and the two exchange a knowing look. I remind myself to ask her about that later. "Whatever you want, don't even worry about it. I'll help you out."