Chapter Thirty-Three

LUCY

"Miss Chen!" Dr. Sanchez smiles. "How are you feeling, mama?"

"Y'know, all things considered, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still a little tired, but it's not too bad."

"That's good to hear. Oh, I have good news!"

"Really?"

"Sasha's out of the incubator. She's in a normal hospital crib now."

I gasp, feeling like my heart is going to leap out of my throat. "Are you serious?"

We reach the triplet's room and Dr. Sanchez gestures to the door. "See for yourself."

I eagerly hurried into the room, feeling as though I was going to burst with joy as I saw my daughter lying in that crib. Her siblings are still in their incubators, but this is a win regardless. I grab my phone out and take a quick picture of Sasha in her new crib.

"Can I hold her?"

"Go ahead."

I pick Sasha up and she stretches, gazing up at me with her big, bright, curious eyes. I hand my phone to Dr. Sanchez. "Can you please take a picture for me?"

"Of course," she says, and I smile big, posing with Sasha. Dr. Sanchez snaps a few photos before handing the phone back to me.

Dr. Sanchez leaves to let me have this moment and I quickly send the pictures to Tim.

10:31 am - ME: Guess who graduated from her incubator!!!!

10:34 am - TIM: No way, are you serious?

10:35 am - ME: She's doing so well. I can't wait to take her home.

10:35 am - ME: I can't wait to take all of them home.

I hold Sasha for another ten minutes before she starts crying, which I instantly recognize as her hungry cry. So I readjusted my hold on her so she could breastfeed. She's improving in that area, too. Now, it takes two fewer minutes to finish a feeding than before, which may not seem like much, however, any progress is good.

After I finish feeding her, I say goodbye to the three of them and head back home. I arrive a little while later only to find our driveway and a good portion of the street filled with cars. Hm. Interesting.

Parking my car in the nearest available spot, I head inside. The lights are off, so after putting my keys on the hook on the wall, I flick the light on. "Hello?" I wander towards the rec room. "Hel-"

"Surprise!"

"Aaa!" I scream, startled. The room is filled with friends and family, who all smile widely at me. "You guys scared the sh!t out of me."

Tim steps out of the crowd and takes my hand. "We never got the chance to do your baby shower, so I figured, why not now?"

"It's perfect," I kiss him. "Thank you."

"Don't you worry, you will have plenty of opportunity to thank me later," he quirks his brow suggestively.

I playfully swat at his chest. "Stop, Tim!"

After about twenty minutes of mingling, it's time for the gifts. Tim and I take a seat on the sofa as everyone else finds whatever available spots they can and gathers around us.

Isaac volunteered to hand the gifts to us, and he is very excited to do so. "You need to start with our present!" Isaac insists, handing Tim the gift from Sebastian, Isaac, and Bianca.

Tim looks at me and I nod. He tears the wrapping paper off of the gift to reveal two three-packs of baby wipes. This may not seem like much, but baby supplies are expensive and from what I've heard, even having one baby, it's far too easy to go through your supplies crazy fast.