Chapter Twenty-Five

LUCY

There was some indistinct shouting coming from the hallway, although I couldn't quite make out what it was. It's a man's voice, and he sounds angry. The shouting got louder as whoever it was approached my room, but then I heard a faint voice followed by the sounds receding, however, the yelling still remained prominent.

The door opens and shuts quickly as Sebastian slips into the room.

"Is everything okay? What's going on?" I ask him.

"Well, um... About that..." Sebastian studders and I give him a look. "Fine. Things aren't exactly... great..."

"What do you mean by that?"

He shrugs. "Honestly I'm not entirely sure myself."

"Stop speaking in riddles, Sebastian,"

"Tim's parents are here."

I'm shocked. "What?!"

"I take it this isn't something that you were expecting to happen?"

"No! They're supposed to be in South America for another couple of months."

"So what are they doing back already?"

"I don't know, but judging by the chaos out in that hallway, whatever it is can't be good."

I throw aside my bedsheets and struggle to maneuver despite my bump it of the bed. Sebastian rushes over to me, trying to stop me from standing. "Woah, what the hell are you doing? You're on strict f*cking bedrest for crying out loud! Unless you're going to the bathroom, you'd better get the hell back in that bed!"

"Let me go!" I struggle against his grip, but he doesn't allow me to stand. He waits until I calm down before scooting me back onto the bed and making me lie down. "Stop!"

"No! What do you think you're doing?"

"I have to go and handle this. I don't know where Tim is, so someone is going to need to take care of this situation."

"Don't worry. I took care of that."

"What are you talking about?"

"I called Tim. He's on his way."

"What? Why would you do that? He needs to be able to trust me to handle things on my own because he isn't always going to be able to swoop in and save me every time something goes wrong. I'm supposed to be capable of protecting myself. A year ago, I would've been able to. But look at me now. Confined to a hospital. Three babies who aren't even born yet, and they've already managed to completely strip me of my independence."

"Don't blame yourself. This is normal."

"How have I let them take over my body?" I start to cry, and Sebastian hugs me.

TIM

"I can't believe that assh0le," I mumble angrily under my breath.

"Who? Your dad?" Nolan asks as he gazes out the window. He's been pretty quiet the whole ride, but I'm not sure why. Part of me assumes that it's due to the shock of what we found out about Aaron and my sister, but my gut tells me that there's a lot more to it than just that.

"No, Aaron," I roll my eyes. "What is up with you?"

"Huh?"

"You're acting odd. I'd say it's because of Aaron, but it's pretty obvious that there's something else at play here. What is it?"

He sighs. "I hate that you know me so well."

"It comes in handy."

"Bailey's been acting weird lately. I don't know what's going on with her."