Chapter 31

(This chapter is extremely short, but don't worry. We'll be getting back to the juice soon)

When Alfred knocked hours later, he couldn't help but smile at the boys being hand in hand. Bruce looked like a weight had been lifted off of his chest, and Jack looked so much lighter. It seems this talk was something they both needed, it seemed. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but Doctor Bailey is here to resume yesterdays session"

He was expecting a drop of expression, or an outright hesitance. But instead Jack stood up, giddily bringing Bruce out of the room with him. The butler could only laugh at the change in tone. Jack was singing by the time they had reached her, some song about love that only kept the smile on Alfred's face standing. 

"Jack, are we ready to-"

"Dammy, dance with me!" He giggled, soft and light as he twirled her, her glasses falling off of her face at the sudden spin. "J-Jack-?" Her laughter was small and confused, but it didn't deter him from continuing his little sing-song. 

Bruce reached down to pick up her glasses before they were stood on, as Jack dipped her low and began to tango. "Well, this is different from yesterday" she laughed, finally catching onto the rhythm as she followed his movements. 

"Didn't have a lot to be happy about yesterday"

"So I'm guessing something has changed?" She asked, turning to both Bruce and Alfred for some sort of confirmation. Both of them chuckled, Bruce grinning as he watched Jack strain himself to dip her once again. "Jack, give the girl a rest"

"But Bruuuuce! I've got to release all of this energy somehow!" His tone was playful, but he listened and finally let Damella stop on a final spin. She chuckled as she caught her balance, and Bruce handed her back her glasses. "Thank you" she breathed out, before turning back to Jack. 

"Where would you like to do this today? Would you like Alfred or Bruce with you for this session as well?"

"In my room. And nah, that's okay. I'm not scared to talk about it anymore" His gaze turned to Bruce at those words, and the man gave Jack a proud smile. 

~~~~

"And how do you feel about it now?" Damella asked Jack, jotting in her notebook as he spoke.

"Well, Joker might come back, that's for sure. Just because I talked to Brucie about it doesn't mean it'll go away. But like you said, I can learn to control it. I can learn the signs, I can withdraw myself from the stimuli"

"That's great, Jack" Doctor Bailey smiled, putting her book down to look at him. "I think you're making great progress. You should be proud"

Jack smiled, soft and unlike Damella had seen from him before. "I am"