Chapter 6

(This Chapter is set out in two different rooms. With Batman, the font will be normal, with Joker, it will be in italics. I'll also abbreviate the change with a small '~')

Batman sighed, driving into the Batcave feeling unfulfilled. Harley's co-operation was helpful, but it  led him no closer to Two-Face. He had went to the two locations Joker was kept, and found clues towards what Joker had been through, but no sign of Harvey Dent.

Hopping out of the tank, he was met with most of his family. Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon and Alfred Pennyworth. Dick and Tim were in their Nightwing and Robin costumes, most likely just back from their own patrols. Barbara was in her wheelchair, which had more noticeable stickers and designs on it than the last time they had met.

"Bruce!" Grayson welcomed, bringing his adoptive father into a hug. "Hey, Bruce" The other two children chanted. 

"Where's Damien?" Batman asked Alfred, who nodded tensely in his direction. "Still Asleep, Master Bruce" Alfred answered. "So, what are we here for?" Barbara asked, getting straight to the point, like usual. 

"Well, we have a guest..." Bruce started, bracing himself for the worst.

~

Joker sat on a chair in the corner of his room, drawing with the crayons and notepad Bruce had given him before his patrol. He wasn't sure what he was drawing, not thinking much about it as the colours stained the white paper.

He looked up at the sound of the door opening. He frowned, not seeing anyone there. Slightly more alert, he stood up. It would be a waste of his new present, but he wasn't scared of using a crayon as a weapon. 

"Papa?" A small voice muttered, and Joker quickly looked down. Stood there, was a child Joker had never seen in his life. He couldn't have been older than five, rubbing his green eyes tiredly. "Oh" The small kid looked up at Joker with confusion. "You're not Papa"

"I could have told you that, kid" Joker grinned half heartedly, crouching down to the others height. It hurt his wounds, but curiosity got the better of him. "What's your name?" 

"Damien. What's your name, mister?"

Joker fell silent. Going with a small voice at the back of his head, he ignored the nervousness that he felt in his chest as he was about to utter a name he hadn't in over a decade. "...Jack. Jack Napier"

"Cool name!" The kid said excitedly, entering the room and letting the door shut behind him. Though, Joker didn't fancy getting into trouble with the man keeping him safe from the outside world. "Thanks, Kid, but does your dad know you're in here?"

"I couldn't find him. Or Alfred. Or my brothers. I thought maybe Papa got hurt again and come in here" Joker took that into consideration. He wasn't sure where they would have all of disappeared to, and he doubted that Bruce wanted his five year old son walking around unattended. Weighing his options, he decided to let the kid stay.

Damien looked around the room, before noticing the notepad Joker was doodling in moments ago. "What's this?"

"Hey, wait, kid-" Joker scrambled for the notebook.

~

"What!?" Tim yelled, Dick in silent shock and Barbara barely looking at him. "I know this isn't the best situation to be in, but Joker is in danger. Two-face is most likely still looking for him, and not only would this be the last place he would look, but Joker is safe here"

"And he wouldn't be safe in Arkham?" Tim argued, frustration within his expression. "No. Not only would that be the first place Two-Face might look, but Joker is...different. He's fragile right now, and we're co-operating together to help take Harvey down"