chapter 8

the weekend arrives, bringing with it a sunny day perfect for outdoor activities. you find yourself at the fairy tail high basketball court, seated alongside lucy and erza, enjoying the warm weather and watching the action unfold on the court.

natsu, gray, loke, and jellal are engaged in an intense game of basketball, their competitive spirits evident in every move they make. you can't help but admire their athleticism as they dribble, pass, and shoot with skill and precision.

lucy leans over, a playful grin on her face. "looks like the boys are going all out today," she remarks, her eyes following the action on the court.

erza nods in agreement, her gaze focused on the game. "they certainly don't hold back when it comes to sports," she adds, a hint of admiration in her voice.

you nod in agreement, enjoying the lively atmosphere and the camaraderie between your friends. as the game continues, you find yourself cheering on the players, caught up in the excitement of the moment.

the basketball game is in full swing when suddenly, the rhythm is interrupted by lisanna's unexpected appearance on the court. she calls out to natsu, her voice cutting through the air, and pulls him to the side, away from the game.

lucy leans in closer, a look of intrigue on her face. "looks like drama's brewing," she whispers, her eyes darting between natsu and lisanna.

erza nods in agreement, her expression thoughtful. "i wonder what that's all about," she muses, her gaze fixed on the unfolding scene.

you exchange a knowing glance with lucy, both of you caught up in the gossip. "i heard they might be back together," lucy says, relaying the rumor you'd heard through the grapevine.

erza rolls her eyes. "really? that's unexpected," she remarks sarcastically.

natsu's abrupt departure from the game catches everyone's attention. he announces to the guys that he's out, and without another word, he exits the court, following lisanna who waits for him at the sidelines.

you watch as they walk away, lisanna shooting you a glare over her shoulder before disappearing from view. the intensity of her gaze sends a shiver down your spine, leaving you feeling uneasy.

erza and lucy exchange knowing glances as they catch lisanna's glare directed towards you. lucy can't resist making a playful comment, nudging you with her elbow. "looks like someone's feeling threatened by your presence," she jokes, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

erza nods in agreement, her expression serious yet tinged with amusement. "lisanna seems to be threatened by everyone lately," she remarks.

you join in the banter with a wry smile, trying to lighten the mood further. "well, it looks like i've made enemies with both juvia and lisanna in my first week here. not bad for a newcomer, huh?" you quip, though a hint of nervousness seeps into your tone.

the guys motion for you, erza, and lucy to join them on the court. gray grins widely, beckoning you over with an enthusiastic wave. "come on, y/n! let's show them what we've got!" he calls out, his voice filled with encouragement.

jellal echoes gray's sentiment, his expression eager as he gestures for you to join them. "yeah, we could use some more competition!" he adds with a smirk.