chapter 7

you and gray walk side by side, the familiar chatter of the morning rush filling the air as you make your way to the nearby café for a much-needed caffeine fix before class. the sun casts a warm glow over the bustling streets of magnolia, adding a touch of brightness to the start of your day.

as you approach the café, you can't shake the feeling of being watched. glancing over your shoulder, you catch sight of a figure trailing behind you, their footsteps echoing softly against the pavement. your heart quickens as you hear the murmurs of threats and insults directed your way, their words filled with venom and hostility.

gray notices your unease and places a comforting hand on your shoulder. "don't worry about it," he reassures you, his voice steady and reassuring. "that's just juvia. she's had a massive crush on me since she transferred last year. she's harmless, just a little... intense."

you let out a nervous laugh, though the knot of fear in your stomach remains. "lucy mentioned some crazy things juvia used to tell her," you admit, recalling lucy's stories of juvia's obsessive behavior. "but now it seems like all of her threats are directed towards me."

gray nods understandingly, his expression sympathetic. "yeah, she can be a bit... overbearing," he agrees.

you can't help but crack a joke to lighten the mood, "well, gray, looks like you've got yourself a devoted fan," you tease, nudging him playfully. "guess i'll have to start sleeping with one eye open from now on."

gray chuckles at your jest, though there's a hint of discomfort in his expression. "yeah, that might be best" he replies, his tone wry. "but seriously, let's hope juvia calms down soon. i don't think i can handle being followed around all the time."

you and gray arrive at class, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafting from the cups in your hands. you hand jellal and natsu their requested coffee, offering them a small smile before turning to make your way to your usual spot in the corner of the classroom.

but just as you're about to settle into your seat, lucy and erza wave you over, inviting you to sit next to them. "hey y/n, come join us!" lucy calls out, her voice filled with warmth and hospitality.

with a grateful smile, you make your way over to lucy and erza's desk, feeling a sense of relief at the prospect of sitting with friends.

mr. clive strolls into the classroom with an apologetic smile, adjusting his glasses sheepishly. "my sincerest apologies, class. i got caught in a traffic jam... caused by a herd of stampeding unicorns," he offers, his excuse eliciting a few incredulous stares from the students.

natsu, unable to contain his amusement, quips, "well, that explains the rainbow roadblock on the highway!"

his joke sends a ripple of laughter through the classroom, but it's quickly quelled by a stern glare from mr. clive. "mr. dragneel, if you have something to share, kindly keep it to yourself," he reprimands, his tone firm.

natsu grins cheekily, though he wisely decides to heed mr. clive's warning and refrains from further commentary. despite the teacher's attempt at humor, the classroom quickly settles down as the lesson begins in earnest.

lucy leans over and whispers to you, "this happened all the time last year. he's always late."

as the midday break begins, the students shuffle out of the classroom, eager to enjoy a brief respite from their studies. you catch lucy and erza's attention, excusing yourself with a quick mention of needing to use the bathroom.

making your way down the hallway, you eventually find yourself in the restroom, the sound of running water echoing softly off the tiled walls. you take a moment to wash your hands, the cool water refreshing against your skin.

just as you're about to finish up, the door swings open, and you glance up to see lisanna walking into the bathroom. you offer her a polite nod of acknowledgment, though you can't help but feel a slight tension in the air at her unexpected presence.

lisanna looks up from her phone as she enters, her gaze landing on you. "are you the girl living with natsu?" she asks, her tone casual but with a hint of curiosity.

you nod, feeling a twinge of unease at the direct question. "yeah, that's me," you reply, trying to keep your tone light despite the tension in the air.

a sly smile plays across lisanna's lips as she leans against the sink. "well, just a word of advice," she says, her voice low and conspiratorial. "you might want to keep your distance from him."

you raise an eyebrow at her warning, feeling a mixture of surprise and skepticism.

lisanna's lips curl into a smirk as she leans casually against the sink. "well, if i were you, i'd watch my back," she says, her voice carrying a subtle threat. "natsu may seem all fun and games, but he's mine, and i don't take kindly to competition."

you raise an eyebrow, a hint of amusement flickering in your eyes. "got it," you reply, your tone light but confident. "don't worry, lisanna. i have no interest in getting in the middle of anything. natsu is all yours."

lisanna's smirk widens at your response, though there's a glint of uncertainty in her eyes. "good," she retorts before sauntering out of the bathroom, leaving you to ponder her words with a mix of amusement and uneasiness.