"Chicken parmigiana and parmesan risotto. I don't know if they match well, but I couldn't decide".

"Sounds appetizing". He smiled again. "Let me introduce you to my kitchen".

The kitchen was big for an apartment, although a little smaller than Antoine, but still a big one. Nate showed him where everything was and he started cooking. It was a mess. Finnian has taught him everything he could via video call, still there was a lot he couldn't teach him. Like how to pay attention to the many things. Cael felt discouraged, and thought about giving up. Nate put a hand on his back as he looked over the rice that burned.

"Is everything all right?"

"I lied. I can barely cook. I live alone, I don't need to cook any fancy dinners. I called my uncle to help me by teaching me some things, but even that I can't do right".

"Well. For a beginner, this looks pretty great. Don't demand too much from yourself. We can just scrap the burned part from the rice. And the chicken has seen some better days, but it's probably still really tasty. I just wished we had made less of a mess".

"I will clean, just give me a second", Cael said hastily.

"Don't worry. We can do that after we eat. Let's just wrap everything and serve ourselves. I'm sure that anything you cooked would be great". Nate held Cael's hand as he said that. "So, let's do it together".

They finished cooking and cleaned a little. Then, they served two plates and sat down on the table to eat. Nate brought some bottles of wine - "Everything's better with a good wine". The food wasn't great, but it was decent.

"It tastes like home", Nate said.

"Really?" Cael asked, puzzled.

"My mom wasn't a great cook, and was usually sick, and my dad never had the time. So me and my siblings took turns cooking. It wasn't always good, sometimes it was quite bad, but sometimes it was really good. My brother, Adriel, is a really great cook. Since he was a child he would do these complex dishes and all with cheap items, and we would be flabbergasted. He went to study at a prestigious culinary school in Fanney".

"So my terrible cooking reminds you of the times your siblings would cook?"

"Myself included. I was an awful cook when I started, and would do some really basic stuff and still ruin it. Everyone can be awful when they start a new activity. Few are the geniuses that begin already crushing it. My brother was one of these. Luckily, I could enjoy his cooking, instead of hating him for doing it a hundred times better than I ever could".

"That makes sense".

"I'm happy it does. Sometimes I just keep blabbering some random stuff". He laughed.

They finished dinner and cleaned the kitchen, and Nate invited him to watch a movie. Cael agreed and they watched My Neighbor Totoro while drinking wine. When the movie ended, they were still not satisfied, and watched Kiki's Delivery Service. At some point Nate brought a table of charcuterie and another bottle of wine. They had already drunk three bottles in five hours.

After the second movie ended, Cael got up to leave, but before he could say good-bye, he stumbled on his own feet and remembered that he had driven here. I'll have to call an Uber. He thought. But before he could say it out loud, Nate asked:

"Would you like to sleep here today? I have another room that my siblings use when they come. You could use it if you want. You could borrow pajamas also".

"I guess I could stay". He said, and thanked the light for being off, because even his ears have turned red.

"I'll get you some clothes to change and a new toothbrush". He went into the bedroom and came back with the things he said. "You can change in the other bedroom".