He looked over: "Didn't you participate last year?"

Shang Yufei recalled last year's participants, frowning, "I'm not interested."
He preferred solitary confinement over mingling with those people in a competition.
Initially, until the first half of the year, he had no interest in military achievements or promotions.

"Then this year, join me," Bai Yue approached Shang Yufei.
"In the past, I could only cheer you on from the sidelines during basketball games. But this time, we can fight side by side."

Perhaps Bai Yue himself didn't notice the sparkle in his eyes when he said this.
Shang Yufei rarely saw Bai Yue like this.
The other's demeanor had always been one of indifference. Except for a significant emotional upheaval during his second differentiation, it seemed that nothing, good or bad, could affect him.

Standing before him, with the endless night sky as a backdrop, stars twinkling above and seemingly in Bai Yue's eyes.
Shang Yufei averted his gaze.
"I'll think about it."

The registration for the game had closed. All one had to do was submit their name to the homeroom teacher, and the school's committee would internally screen the candidates. Aside from genetic grades, the committee also heavily weighted the students' records since admission, physical constitution, and training results. The aim was to select the most outstanding athletes to win glory for the school.

Shortly after registering, Bai Yue received an email from the committee. He had passed the selection and was required to go to the school auditorium three days later for a pre-game pep talk and to begin temporary intensive training. Besides him, his classmate Qin Fei had also passed the selection.

Due to duties with the patrol team, he hadn't interacted much with his classmates these days. However, Qin Fei often sent him messages, sharing the latest news within the school. This habit inevitably reminded him of Li Ren. It seemed that a love for gossip transcended gender.

On the day of assembly, the doors to the auditorium were wide open. When Bai Yue entered, he found that many people had already gathered inside.

There were individuals who stayed alone and others who chatted in groups. Their faces were unfamiliar, indicating that most of them were senior students.

As soon as he entered, he drew the attention of everyone present.

The relationship between the first and second-year students was relatively good. This was partly because the second-year students guided the newcomers and also because these two grades mostly had classes within the campus, leading to frequent encounters.

However, by the time students reached the third and fourth years, most of their time was devoted to internships and job hunting. Apart from compulsory courses, they hardly showed up on campus.

Therefore, they only had a vague idea about the previous patrol team assessment and were not aware of the details.

Upon seeing a tall and handsome student enter, they all mistakenly thought he was an omega without exception.

However, the selection for the sports meet was strict. No matter how excellent an omega's academic performance was, they were mostly eliminated at the pheromone test.

After all, the competition between military schools was not merely a race.

Someone approached and struck up a conversation: "Hi, are you here alone?" Bai Yue looked at him and nodded, saying, "Hello, senior." Being called 'senior' by such a beauty made the alpha very pleased. "Are you here to be part of the cheerleading squad?" he asked, considering it wasn't yet time to gather and the auditorium doors were open.