Chapter 79: Zombie Attack

Start from the beginning

I explained him what happened to us and he promised to call me back later. The other thought was about my mother and so I called Karex.

„Hello."

Oh, Akihara-san, good to hear you this early in the morning."

„Why?"

I was expecting your call today, but I was not sure about the time."

„Really?"

No. But it sounds good... don't you think? When a private detective knows about your call even before you decide it."

„Maybe I should call someone else."

No... wait. What can I do for you?"

„It's about my mother. When I was 11, my father told me, that she died in a plane crash, but I am not sure about it now after those recent events with Arisa."

I see. Sure, I will try to find what really happened. And what is that other issue?"

„What other issue?"

I just feel, that you want to say something more."

„Mmm... my undead father kicked us out of our jobs and our house."

And you want me to find you something, right? Mmm... there is one murder case I just work on now, so you could be my assistants. If you don't mind to see blood."

„I will ask Arisa."

Sure. Call me back when you decide."

I didn't expect our next possible job to be related to corpses. But it might be good opportunity to learn how to manipulate with them and how to keep them staying underground where they belong.

When I hung up, I got another call from Ando. He talked with other gang members and offered me to work in his restaurant.

Arisa as a waitress might be cute, but too many people would stare at her and so I rejected it. His next offer was from Shimura. But working in his candy store just next to Maria's café wouldn't be good. Goto offered us to work next to his ramen shop at Kanazawa. We could sell strawberry cakes and other sweets there. The place is near a beach and looked interesting. I promised to call him back later and went to ask Arisa what she thinks about it.

„Arisa, do you more like blood or strawberries?"

She was confused, but I got my answer in the end and so I called Karex to reject the offer.

Okay, no problem. But I might have one more option for you and it would also solve your problem about living."

„What is it?"

One old school in countryside. It is no longer in use. You could rebuild it to whatever you want and it offers also living space for both of you."

„Umm. I am not sure. Let me ask Arisa."

Sure, call me back when you decide."

I ran to her room and asked again.

„Do you more like beach, nature or the city?"

Nature."

(Oh... I didn't expect that.)

(But in that case my previous question was pointless.)

„Okay. Thanks for the answer."

I got back into my room and called Ando to reject his offers.

I envy you. Living in countryside was my dream. Oh... I would almost forget... I still have some of your money. Not everything was needed to pay for the equipment and those mercenaries, so I will send it back to you. Approximately it is 2 000 000 Yen."

„Thanks, Ando."

And also Karex again to accept his offer.

That is good. It is really nice place. And the whole area is very cheap... just 2 000 000 Yen."

„Huh?"

What? Is it too cheap or too expensive?"

„No. Nothing."

When I checked her, Arisa was sleeping and so I prepared us lunch.

„Arisa, in the afternoon pack up all your belongings."

The sooner we move the better. But now I regret, that we will not be able to fulfill the promise to Arisa's father. When we started packing up, Arisa asked me...

Tomoka... shall I call my parents? They could help us."

„It is not necessary, you already found us suitable place."

Did I? When?"

„Just a few moments ago."

Mmm?"

Arisa already decided it, but we both still don't know how it looks and what is its location. What if it is some old ruin and Karex just pulled a prank on me?

„But we still need to visit that location and do the final decision."

Ah... sure."

„Let's do that tomorrow morning. Now put everything in the boxes. Do you want me to help you when I am done with my stuff?"

It's okay."

I moved into my room to start packing.

(ding)

Suddenly a message arrived to my phone. It was again from Karex.

„(Send 2 000 000 Yen to my bank account and I will take care of everything needed. The number is...")

(Why? I just said, that we need to visit it first.)

(ding)

„(Suddenly someone else appeared and they are also interested in it. Pay today or it might be gone.")

(Huh?! That really sounds like a scam... but on the other hand, he saved Arisa... so hopefully it is okay.)

I will send it as soon as it arrives into my account.

Later I checked my bank account and found the money already present there and so I immediately transferred it to Karex.

(Hopefully it will arrive in time.)

Today might be one of our last nights in this house.