Chapter 40 - A unexpected enlightenment

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 40!

Quick update: I'm visiting my brother this week, so there won't be a second free chapter after this one. If I CAN write a second chapter, it'll go directly to Patreon. The reason for the latter is because the next two chapters are the R18 ones I teased you a month ago. I want to release then at the same time, so that's why.

Anyway, enjoy this wholesome chapter! See ya next week!

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance!

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

'Ben Parker, a former Special Forces' Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

***********************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

The two then started walking around, with Demian having a particular goal in mind. Fortunately, the place he was looking for was easy to find, being close by in the outer ring of the Grand Sea Plaza. Pulling the petite redhead along, they crossed the ancient building's entrance, after the young man threw a quick peek at the sign in the shop window.

'Grand Sea BookShop' was exquisitely written on an old but well-crafted wooden sign. Turning back his head toward his female cousin to tell her where they were, he noticed her delicate nose scrunching slightly. "It smells familiar... New books... We're in a bookshop, aren't we?"

She declared with confidence, her gleeful smile making his heart skip a beat. "We are. At the Grand Sea Bookshop, to be precise." "I knew it! So, what are we getting from here? And if you say books, I'll kick you." Chuckling at her threat, he replied. "You know me too much. In any case, we'll check out if there's anything interesting to get." Halting his words for a second, he added. 

"It's been a while since I last read to you and I thought it'd be a good idea to get back to it."

Patting her way to his face, she gave him a deep but brief kiss before exclaiming. "I love you, Babe!" Embracing her slender waist, he replied with his voice oozing with affection and his gaze stuck on her charming face. "I love you too." Stroking her cheek briefly, he asked. "Shall we go check out what they've got?" She strongly nodded her head at his words but stayed silent.

The two then went to the fantasy section, which was Seraphine's favorite genre by far. It took them around half an hour for the young man to check out their collection to see if they had anything interesting. Of course, Sera was the one ultimately picking the books since Demian was getting them for her in the first place.