Chapter 19 - The penthouse attack (Part 2)

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

Of course, he knew that the adrenaline coursing through his nervous system was probably the culprit for his 'enhanced senses', so he did not pay it any mind and kept his entire focus on the entrance. As the latter became wide open, Demian quickly examined the intruders, noting a good and a bad thing. The good was that there were only two men. The bad was the fact that they were both armed with pistols.

Taking the initiative while the two were surveilling the place, the young man shouted at them, ready to duck behind the couch. "DON'T FUCKING MOVE OR I'LL SHOOT!!!" Despite his attempt at scaring them, the two men did not panic but instead, swiftly hid on each side of the door outside the penthouse.

As a drop of sweat ran down the side of his face, he heard the two men yelling back. "Come on kid! Put the gun down." "Right, we don't want to hurt anybody." "Our Boss has always admired the Blazing Valkyrie and wanted to meet her family. So you should all come with us to see him. You all can wait at his place for her to come back."

Rolling his eyes at their poor attempt at lying, he retorted in a loud voice. "Do you think I'm 5 years old? If you don't want to hurt anyone then why do you have guns in your hands? And if you admired Bryn, then why are you breaking into our house? You two morons should just piss off to your boss and tell him we don't want to see his ugly face."

He knew that angering them may not be the smartest idea, but he also understood that they definitely had nefarious intentions when they came here, so who cared? He may even be able to probe an answer as to who their boss was. He already had a pretty accurate guess, but he wanted to make sure he was right. Just in case.

Luckily, the two goons seemed to have taken the bait. "Kid, I'll act as if you didn't insult Mr. Petrovich if you drop your weapon. Don't play the hero, or not only you but your whole family might get hurt." The two women on the floor whispered to him hurriedly in reaction to the man's words. "Don't listen to him, Dem." "Sera's right. He's definitely lying. Once you drop your gun, we'd be at their mercy."

Unlike his cousin's voice which was slightly trembling, his Aunt's was perfectly calm, surprising Demian. Nonetheless, he chose to push it aside and instead answered in a whisper. "Don't worry! I know he's full of shit." Becoming impatient from the lack of response, one of the two men voiced loudly.

"Kid, I'll give you 10 seconds to drop the gun and get the two other women. If you don't, we'll start shooting and we won't be responsible for anything that will happen to you." Since he decided to fight, the young man would follow his decision to the end, even if the potentially lethal outcomes made him feel some dread.

'Last time I faced a gunman, I was unarmed, and I didn't feel any fear. Now I've got a gun, an advantageous position and I still feel scared. Granted, there are two guys instead of one, but still... *Sigh* Why did it seem easier in the movies I watched and the novels I read? What a mess...' He thought as the goon started to countdown slowly.

As the latter started to approach zero, Demian's focus shifted to what he learned from his brother. 'When you shoot you need to be stable, otherwise, with your gun's recoil, your aim will be terrible. Some highly skilled marksmen may be able to shoot with one hand, but you're clearly not one of them. So always take your handgun with two hands.'