Chapter 19

Take me downtown... Yours until my heart dies... Give it up one last time.. Give it up for love...

Hazel P.O.V.
I sat in the car silently... I don't know... This feels ridiculous... Me... A girl with trust issues is here.. Sitting with a stranger... Well Miles is practically a stranger... I haven't known him from long... And I'm going with him at this time of night... Great Hazel great.

Why... I want to trust him...? When I shouldn't trust anyone like this? What's going on with me? He irritates me... He irks me... But I want to stay by his side... I want him to stay by my side... I want him to irritate me... I want him to act dramatically when he sees me reading dark romance... Wait... How did Noah let me go? As far as I know... He's cool but protective... Maybe because he thought I can protect myself.

Where are we going?
I asked him.

3rd person P. O. V.
To sell you.
He said with an evil smile... Her eyes widened... She felt her heartbeat being irregular... And soon... Her breathing got irregular as well... She felt the car stop... And she was pulled on a hard chest..

Hazel... Hey... I'm sorry.. I was just joking.. I promise you're safe with me... I promise... Please try to follow my breathing.
He said softly... He was worried and shocked.

Cold tears left her eyes... And her breathing got out of hand... She felt her chest tightening... She let out a sob as she desperately tried to breath.. Miles was shocked and he didn't knew how to console her... He held her shoulders softly.

Hazel... Azie... Listen to me... Please... Calm down... Please try to breath with me... Please.
He said... She got flashbacks of her past... Of Brian trying to sell her...

Miles felt his cheek getting wet and he was shocked to see tears in his own eyes...

Why.... Why is it hurting so much?
He thought..

Azie... Okay... Calm down... Listen to me... I will never sell you or anyone else... I hate human trafficking... I hate people selling people... I hate it Hazel... I promise you're safe with me... I promise you're gonna be alright here... I was just taking you for stargazing... You like stars right... I promise I will never let anything happen to you... I promise I will protect you... I promise I'm not a danger... Please Azie... Please... Please breath.. Try at least.. For your siblings... For me.
He said... Softly... Caressing her cheek... She felt the sincerity in his words.... She saw him guiding her to slowly breath in and out... She slowly tried and her breathing got a little better... She listened to his heart beats as he again hugged her... Caressing her hairs... And she soon calmed down... But stayed in his embrace a bit more... Before realizing and pulling away.

She leaned on the seat... Silently...

I'll drop you home.
He said softly... Wiping his tears secretly.

Don't... Let's go where we were going... I... Trust you.
She said... He stared at her shocked and bit his lip... He nodded and started driving again.

I'm uh... I'm sorry... For... Touching you without permission.
He said... She stayed silent.

Soon he stopped the car in an isolated area... He opened the dashboard and took out a pocket knife he always have... He kept it on Hazel's lap... She looked at the knife confused and then at him.