(𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀 & 𝗧𝗿𝗶𝘀) 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟴

Charles

After approximately 20 minutes, we arrived at Lucas's house, and I parked my car 3 minutes away so we wouldn't be visible to him. He had no idea we were present.

"Uhh okay, so what's the plan?" Ryle asked. 
I sighed and turned towards him.

"If it was Soph, she'll remember," I stated firmly.
"I—"
"Anyways, here's the plan," I reply, interrupting him mid-sentence."
So listen, Tris and Ryle. First, Tris enters his house by the backdoor, and she obviously knows his room, so you'll go right there and make sure no one sees you. In the meantime, Ryle and I will be here recording your discussions, and you'll wear this earpiece to—"

"Wait, hold on..." Ryle says, interrupting me. That was the number one thing that annoyed me the most, but I did my best not to kill him in front of Tris.

"How do you know he's home? And why does she go alone? What if he tries to hurt her? I know he is her ex, but what if—"
"Ryle, don't worry about all of these; let's just stick to the plan," I remarked. I gave Tris her earpiece after opening the box, and I wore mine behind my ears as well.

"So, tris, remember don't get carried away and you have to do whatever it takes for him to believe you're innocent in order to find out anything that he might be hiding, and I'll be watching you; if anything happens, I'll come to get you and the most important part is don't get carried away, got it?" Despite appearing surprised by my acerbic tone, she managed to smile.

She sighed with resentment and said, "Okay."

She got out of the car, and I instantly realized I hadn't turned on her earpiece or placed the spy camera on her. What is wrong with me, and why am I not feeling focused on this mission?
"Wait, tris," I reply, stepping out of the car. She paused and turned around.
"Come here, i need to activate the ear piece." I remarked, and she approached me, making my heart skip a beat, but I tried to remain calm. 

I withdrew the earpiece from behind her ears and hit the button that activated it, allowing her to hear me through my earpiece.
"Done, and now I need to put this camera behind your neck, it can view the entire room, just move your hair from the area," I said, moving closer to her and placing the spy camera on her neck and the other on her front shirt. I shifted her hair to the left side and stuck the camera at the side of her neck, Her body felt warm on my arms, her breaths were shallow, and I stared at her eyes, and she stared back. I couldn't read her expression, but I had a feeling—

"Are you done?" she said softly. I took my fingers away from her neck and nodded.
"Be careful and don't click on the button on the earpiece, it won't make me hear you and you won't be able to hear me, got it?"
She nodded, then walked away. I returned to the car to keep an eye on her and make sure she didn't change her mind and run away.

Ryle had been staring at me strangely and smiling since I got into the car.
"What is it again, Ryle?" I asked in a harsh tone.
"Nothing, you're just being weird,"

"That's rich coming from you," I murmured, disregarding his stare. "Do i have to remind you to bring the laptop?" 

                                                                 · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Tris

My pulse beat faster as I got closer to Lucas' house, my fingers shook, and my breath became shallower. I've been trying to seem calm and collected about this, but deep down I'm nervous as fuck. Why did I ever agree to this? What if Lucas calls the cops when he sees me...?
I'm practically a felon, and he wouldn't feel comfortable seeing a criminal at his house.
I just need to do something to show my innocence. I keep reminding myself.