Chapter-2

My house is quite lonely. Some may call me fortunate, but in my opinion, I am not fortunate. My parents are constantly traveling to conferences in different countries, leaving me alone at home. I used to spend time with my brother, but he has been very busy since starting university a few months ago. They offered me everything a teen girl could want except love.
Yes, they are around at times, but we do not bond. They are constantly busy, and when they do have time to spend with me, I am always busy. But it's fine. Nothing ever goes exactly the way you want it to. That is something I must accept. I'm too busy to be concerned about it all. I have dancing practice, I'm a cheerleader at my school, and I need to get my grades exceptionally high because this is my final year of high school. I've been working my ass off to earn decent grades since the beginning of the semester, and my efforts have paid off. Maybe that's why Lucas broke up with me; I didn't spend as much time with him as I did in junior year.
Maybe I'm studying too much. Maybe I should have spent more time with him.
Maybe I should've been prettier for him. Maybe I should've been that weird girl he kept staring at...
Fuck.
What's the matter with me?
I'm fine just the way I am.
"He's lost," I told myself.

Aria was right. I can't let a breakup bring me down; it's not the end of the world.

I entered the bathroom and took a hot shower using my favorite shower gel. I straightened my hair and put it in a nice hair claw clip. My hair has a reddish-blonde tint that looks great with the black claw clip. I went to Harmony's Cafe wearing flare leggings and a crop top.

As I walked in, the waiter smiled at me, and I went to the counter to buy my usual coffee. I ordered my usual, and the waiter already knew what I wanted because I'd been here a thousand times.
He smirked at me and said, "Spanish latte and a butter croissant are coming right up." I forced a smile and went to my typical spot to wait for my friends.
Am I too early? or they're simply late. I hope no one I know notices me sitting alone here. In town, almost everyone knows who I am. Everyone at school was aware of my breakup with Lucas, but I've been trying to keep a cool head about it. I tried not to make eye contact with Lucas at school last week, and he didn't either. I can't believe I've already gone a week without speaking to him. My friends tried everything they could to keep me from staring at them, and I guess it worked. There was a group chat with everyone at school in it, and I'm delighted I'm no longer the main topic.

Last week, the group chat was quite active, with everyone discussing my breakup. It was none of their business, yet they couldn't help themselves. Everyone is nosy at times. But they're finally over it. and discussing the new English teacher, who has a crush on the secretary. The door swung wide, and my gaze was drawn straight up to my friends, who had finally arrived. They all arrived at the same time, so maybe Liv picked them up.
"Hii," Ella said as she hugged me tightly, and I managed to grin.
"Okay, why do you look so good for a girl who's going through a breakup?" Aria teased me, and I rolled my eyes. They sat me down and ordered some snacks and coffee.

We talked for a bit and laughed at Liv's surprise at the English teacher's crush on the secretary. She said she had no idea, even though the teacher gets anxious around him and her face turns pink when he speaks to her.

"Liv, you know you're the luckiest girl here; I can't believe you and Marcus are celebrating their 1-year anniversary. At least you have hope for going to prom with someone," Aria went on to say. Olivia and Marcus started dating last year, and their connection is just perfect. They never take breaks like I and Lucas did, and they just listen and discuss things out. I'm envious, of course.

"So, Ella, what did you want to tell me?" I'll get right to the point: if I hadn't met them here, I could be sleeping right now. I glanced at all of them in amazement as Ella looked at Aria and Liv and then back at me.

"Alright, can someone tell me what's going on? You're scaring me." I took a deep breath.

"Ughh, I'll just say it, Ella, you're wasting time," Aria cleared her throat. "We would like to throw a party at your place. It won't be small, but it won't be big either. Most of our school will be there, and they might invite college guys. Before you say no, let me tell you that it's been boring lately and that Lucas is planning a party. I think you should throw a party before he does, and it's also a way to show that you don't give a shit about him again. So, do you agree?" Aria breathed a sigh of relief.
I raised an eyebrow as I looked at each of them and said, "Seriously?"
"All these are just for a party; you guys made me think someone died or something," I said as I took a sip of my coffee. They all relaxed their faces in relief.

"So..." Ella exuberantly smiled.
I calmly replied, "So no, I won't throw a party."
"WHAT!?" They all gave me a scowl as I took another sip of my coffee, and when they saw that others were observing them, they became quiet.
"What are you talking about?" Liv hissed. "You can't be serious."

"Actually, I am," I replied, and a disappointed expression spread across their features. "First of all, my parents will kill me if they find out. I'm not supposed to throw a party, let alone invite college guys to attend the party. Are you guys out of your mind?" I went on before they could make another plea.
"Second of all, I do not care if Lucas is throwing a party, and throwing my own party doesn't prove anything; I'm not trying to make him my enemy. Third of all, if my brother finds out, he will never forgive me, and my maid might snitch on him if I throw a party, so no, I'm not throwing a party, end of discussion." As they gave me a furious look, I took another sip of my coffee. I gave a chilly smile.

"Okay, fine," Liv murmured.
"Not at all! This isn't right; please come on," Aria begged.
Together with Aria, Ella begged, "Yes, please. I really want to party. School is so stressful. Let's just have fun, one night only."
"No."
"You know, if you throw this party, Lucas might actually show up if his friends are coming, and you can make him jealous." Aria grinned and tried to talk me out of it.
"I'm good," I said as I finished my croissant and took another drink of coffee.
"Why are you acting like this when he obviously cheated on you, and the least you can do is make him jealous and show him what he lost?" 
"Aria!"
I was confused as they all glanced at each other, with Liv reprimanding and glaring at Aria.
"What are you guys not telling me? When did he cheat? Did you fucking know he cheated on me, and you guys said nothing?!" I yelled at them, raising my voice above what I meant to.

"No, we just—"
"we're not sure but..."
Aria adds, "We thought you knew," and Liv gives her another scowl.
"What are you guys talking about?" With my heart pounding, I asked again.

"Okay, so you know that girl ally? The new girl in our class this year" Aria says, I've always seen Lucas looking at that girl. I didn't want to believe that something might happen between them, but perhaps I should have anticipated it.
I respond, "Uhuh, go on," as my fingers shake beneath the table.

"Yeah, so there are some pictures of Ally and Lucas going around on Instagram; they were caught kissing in a club, and it wasn't just a kiss, so there are some rumors that he cheated on you, but they kissed after you guys broke up, so nothing to worry about!" Aria made an effort to make it seem insignificant, but she is partially correct—that must have happened after our breakup. However, how could he have replaced me so quickly and been making out with Ally already? Unless he really did cheat. Aria is the gossip queen; she was aware of any drama before anybody else was, even before it had occurred. 
"When did you see that picture of them?" Curiosity was killing me, so I asked. Aria began to scratch her hair after staring at both Liv and Ella. I knew something wasn't right, but they weren't telling me.
"If you really want that party at my place, I think you guys should start spilling," I respond.
"ugh fine, it was—" Ella began speaking before Liv interrupted.

"Stop it, Ella; we really shouldn't be talking about this; he moved on, and you should too. I don't want any drama this year, guys, and let's just forget about the party," Liv said with a troubled face. Even though she was in our friend group and we were popular at school, I've known Liv for years that she despises drama. As opposed to Aria, who will stop at nothing to hear rumors about others, even if they cause harm to those around her. She was a real nosy one.
"No, I want that goddamn party; I'm not spending another Friday night with my grandparents watching Titanic the 100th time." Aria responds, "Okay, listen, Beatrice, I found the picture of them last Saturday, but it was posted on Friday, and before you ask why I didn't tell you, it's because I know you'll feel hurt knowing he kissed another girl 3 days after you guys broke up, so I thought it was nothing, until I started to see people saying they might be dating. That's why I want you to make him jealous at the party to show him what he lost and how dare he went for that shy, weird lonely girl who'll do anything for male validation."

" Aria! Why did you feel the need to bring up the rumors that they are dating?" Liv gave Aria a scowl.
Aria gave me a fixed look and shrugged.
I was considering all she had just said. Although I'm disappointed that he moved on so quickly as if I didn't matter to him, I also have a desire for vengeance or to simply make him envious. The least I can do is this.
"All right, I'll throw the party," I murmur. Who wouldn't want to make out with a college guy anyway?
"Wait what—"
Ella squealed with delight. "Liv, don't let her change her mind."