(𝗧𝗿𝗶𝘀) 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟰

Life has never been more complicated than it is today. No way am I going to Lucas' house; since our breakup, I have never been there. And now I'm going to show up in front of his door. He probably won't even let me in because I'm still under investigation. But I'm still curious how he's dealing with all that's going on. His ex is suspected of kidnapping, and his new side chick is missing. He probably doesn't care. I wonder what he'll say when he sees me.

I'm so fucking terrified, even though it's still tomorrow, and why didn't Charles care about the new information I provided him when I discovered that Ally attended my old school? Perhaps it wasn't as relevant as I thought.

I need to text my friends first before meeting Lucas. I won't tell them what's really going on, but they need to know I'm innocent. I can't just go back to Charles and ask for my laptop again.
I barely ate all day, and now my stomach is growling. I went to the kitchen and got some food. I took extra snacks and went to Charles' room. I realized he hadn't eaten earlier, or perhaps I hadn't seen him eat, so I returned to the kitchen to prepare a proper meal for dinner. Snacks wouldn't satisfy me. There was absolutely nothing in the cabinets. There was spaghetti, but no sauce in the refrigerator. What does this man fucking eats...
I opened all of the cabinets and found them empty. Stacks of ramen noodles were visible when I opened the drawer next to the stove.

Damn.

After making two packets of ramen, I went silently to Charles' room after some time. I went to the office first and saw it was locked, but I'm not sure if he's in his office or bedroom. My heart was racing when I went to his bedroom and knocked. I'm just going to give him the meal and head back to my room; why was I even nervous? I'm only attempting to be polite. When I knocked again, nobody answered.

I twisted the doorknob, and thankfully it was not locked. I entered the room cautiously, looking around for him. He was probably in the restroom. I heard the sound of water running in the sink. I set the meal tray on his bedside desk and sat on the bed, waiting for him. I should not be waiting for him, but —

Maybe I just want to see how he looks after a shower, but only if he was showering.
Or maybe I just..
I tapped my feet on the ground, waiting for him to come out; he was taking longer than I anticipated. What if he wasn't actually in the bathroom? I got up to see if I could hear anything. I positioned my ears so close to the door that I couldn't hear anything or the flow of water.
I was ready to go when the door swung open, and I instantly straightened my back.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" He walked by me, appearing more youthful and attractive than when I had last seen him. Even though it didn't appear like he was showering, he still had a hot shower appearance. Or perhaps it's just my imagination picturing him in a towel while I admire his sultry v-line.
"Well, I am...I came to, um," My face flushed with shame as I stammered. He spun around and turned to face me once more, his eyes sultry. I bit down hard as he drew forward to lick his lower lip.
"What are you doing here, Tris?" he asked, raising his voice to a hard tone that made my toe curl. The harsh tone in his statement caused my spine to stiffen.
"I—I wanted to, uh, i mean—" I started, as he approached me, forcing my breathing to turn shallow.
"I got you dinner," I said, referring to the noodles on his desk. He turned around and then back at me in a split second.
"Why?" he questioned, moving closer in front of me until we were only inches apart. He was extremely tall, and I had to stare up to see his face. It's wonderful that he's tall, but I shouldn't find him beautiful.
Not when I am still in love with my ex, even if he no longer cares about me.
"I noticed you haven't eaten all day and decided to be nice, but if you're not hungry, I can take it back," I remarked with a smile.
"Thank you," he replied, startling me. He then raised his finger to my face, tucking a hair tendril behind my ear. My legs turned limp. My breathing became erratic, and I swallowed forcefully again.
"I—I should be leaving," I muttered, my gaze moving away from him. His powerful hands seized my wrist, pulling me back in front of him.
"Why are you here, Tris?" He inquired, his voice becoming husky.
"I told you, I brought—"
"Why are you really here, Tris?" He inquired again, his tone forceful. Who wouldn't be drawn to a voice like that? I'm not sure why it appears that he's fooling me in some way, but I also can't read his genuine emotions or intentions.

"I realize this sounds annoying, but I'm simply bored and wanted to ask if you could let me use my phone; I just want my friends to know I'm okay and that I won't reveal anything we've discovered or tell them about the ongoing investigation. I can't just keep sleeping when I'm bored; there's nothing else to do." I just blurted out everything. I despise feeling helpless, but at this point, I'd do anything just to have my phone back. I can't keep living like this.
"Listen, Tris, I can't give it to you; it's not allowed till the chief thinks it's fine for you to get it back but for now you need to stay off social media; it's not just about ally; it's connected to something else and this is the safest way possible so you wouldn't get into danger and your parents asked for any protection just for you to not get involved." He answered.

"What even is going on with my parents? What's happening in Seattle?" I was curious, so I asked anyway. I remembered hearing him talk to the other guy who had come by a few days before, and he had mentioned something about my dad. I didn't care before, but now I truly do need to know if my parents are doing well. Charles looked uncomfortable and rigid on his shoulders as I glanced at him for a response.
"Don't worry about that; worry about yourself," he muttered. Before I could respond, he turned to leave and sat on his bed.

"Charles," I said, sitting beside him on the bed after walking back to him.
He gave me a questioning glance. "what?"

"Please tell me if my parents are doing okay."
"They're fine; you need to stop worrying about others." He casually said. I'm not sure if I could trust him at all.
I fiddled with the drawstring of my jeans and looked down at my folded legs. I shouldn't cry in front of Charles; my face was getting hot. Not here. Not here.
I hurried to stand up and go to the door.
"Tris, wait," he said, and I momentarily stopped before turning to face him again. I was standing next to the door, my chest heaving, when he stood up and faced me.
"Are you still bored?" he said, smirking at me. My thighs clenched, and my face began to heat up, but not for the same reason as before.
"Yes."
"Take your hoodie off," he said.
My eyes widened as he spoke; it was direct and to the point, and I could feel the desire trickle down my thighs. I walked closer to him and removed my hoodie, displaying my sleeveless tank top. Thank goodness I thought to wear a bra, otherwise, my nipples would be protruding given how hard it is right now. He stared at me, and I returned his gaze. My pulse is racing, which shouldn't be happening for him.
It shouldn't be.
"Come here," he said, and I followed him to the bed, where he sat and instructed me to sit alongside him. I was bewildered for a moment.

But I did as he said. He unlocked his drawer and placed his laptop on his leg as we sat next to each other on the bed.
"So... since you're bored and I'm not too busy right now, let's watch a movie," he remarked in a naive tone.
"Oh...okay sounds fun!" I say, attempting to sound enthusiastic about the concept. I'm not sure why I felt something was going to happen. I should not have thought of it, or perhaps he did it to shame me, and it worked. When he told me to remove my sweater, I hesitated, but then he...

I'm such a fucking idiot. At the very least, we can watch a movie, which is preferable than being stuck in my room doing nothing. 
"What? You don't seem happy with the idea," he says, "or did you have something else in mind you wanted to do?"
I scuffed and rolled my eyes, "Let's just watch a movie and not waste time," I said, my tone indicating that I was embarrassed or upset at how he was acting. He laughed gently and smirked, obviously pleased that he had misled me. Why does my heart race when he grins at me? Even when this particular smile is taunting me.
I should make sure I don't fall for his tricks again. I was still wearing my tank top, but my nipples were hardening and they were visible through the fabric. Even though I was wearing a bra, it was obvious how hard I was for him. I didn't have anything to cover it up before Charles noticed how he affected me. Why are my nipples hardening at the wrong time?

My nipples are literally hard enough to cut diamonds.
I had to restrain myself from touching them. I took a deep breath and tried to concentrate on the monotonous movie we were watching.

...................

I awoke abruptly when I felt a wrist around my torso. I looked at Charles, who was already asleep, and then at the laptop. I'm not sure when we finished watching the movie; I think I fell asleep first. I lay down next to him and used the cover to cover my head. He shifted slightly, but I didn't check to see if he was awake. I was chilly and too lazy to put on my hoodie. Even though the comforter was cold, I folded myself inside the cover and dozed off again.