(𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀) 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟯

At first, I wanted to hear Sophia's concept for the ongoing investigation, which was to entice her in such a way that she would confess everything. Sophia said it would work and we'd find out if Tris was actually innocent, and that because she's just in high school, she wouldn't be very good at lying or deceiving me.
But the premise was flawed, and I didn't realize—I didn't expect she'd become wet for me.
I assumed she'd argue like she normally does.
I shouldn't have gone as far as caressing her body. It wasn't supposed to happen, and I have no idea what came into my head. Soph mentioned that if I approach really close to her and stare at her, it turns girls on. But I believe I made her too turned on with what I just did. I couldn't stop myself from caressing her.
I had to stop myself when I realized how strongly her body was reacting to my touch.
I didn't want her to get too excited—
The sound of my phone ringing startled me, and I quickly answered it.
"Yeah?"
"Take a look at the news right now. Ally's family has made their daughter's unsolved case public, and I predict that soon everyone will be complaining that we aren't doing our work. You have to act quickly to avoid a more serious probe that may involve the media and various social media platforms. You are aware of the chief's feelings over this."
I was about to reply when Soph hung up. Shortly after leaving my office, I walked to the living room and switched on the television. Her video had already had a lot of views; I knew this was a major situation, but we specifically ordered Teresa Wilson not to make it public until we investigated. It has just been two weeks since Ally's disappearance, and she has already posted a video about it against the officials' warnings. However, a mother who has lost a child would do this anyway.

"Good morning. Teresa Wilson here, and I need to talk to everyone about a serious problem. I'm very sure that everyone watching is just going about their own business and isn't concerned with what I have to say, but I just wanted to share with everyone about the challenging circumstances in my life. I'm not sure why I'm even bringing up the fact that it's not a pleasant morning. My baby girl is gone; therefore, it hasn't been a good morning for the last week.
My daughter has been gone for several days, and not only have the police and detectives been investigating, but I visited their office, and they promised to contact me back, but I haven't heard from them since. I'm not sure if their quiet indicates good or terrible news. My spouse and I are making every effort to locate our daughter, who is my only child. I am so worried about my daughter that I am unable to sleep or eat. I don't even know if she is still alive. If anyone reading this knows her from school, please look for her for me. Post pictures of her everywhere. I need my baby girl back. I need justice for whoever hurt my baby girl. Please help me—"

I cut the video short and made my way to my workplace.
After going through every document I owned on her parents, I came across research that revealed Teresa Wilson had a son during their time in Seattle. I don't have any records on him, but it's possible he's passed away.
I think that's the reason she said "my only child."
When I questioned Teresa last week about her child, she mentioned that since they moved here two or three months ago, Ally was by herself and had no one to talk to. The mother added that although she was perplexed when Ally stated she was seeing her friend, she chose not to question her daughter since she was happy that her daughter was finally forming friendships. Something doesn't seem to add up. I scrawled some ideas on the documents and attempted to connect the dots. I entered the other area of my office and went to my evidence board. I took Beatrice's image off the thread. It turns out she may not have anything to do with this case, but I'm still not certain. I need her to help me with something.
As I left my office, I went to the living room and saw Beatrice viewing the Teresa Wilson video—she had already finished it and was shocked to see me standing there. We both stared at each other for a moment; she must have been thinking about what I did in my office earlier.
She wore sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt. Excellent choice.
"I-I think," she began to say something, then took a big breath. "I think I know something about Teresa Wilson; she looks familiar, and I'm not sure why. Remember how I said I didn't know Ally Wilson before? But now I think I know her from somewhere, but I'll need my laptop to confirm anything," she says.
"Tris, if this is your plan to get your laptop back, you'll have to come up with something else that is plausible; in the meantime, I need your assistance, so come with me," I say, and return to my office before hearing any more rubbish she comes up with.
When we entered my office, she swiftly went in front of me and said, "Wait, I'm not lying; I just need to check something. You can stay beside me while I use the laptop."
 "I'll hear you out later; we need to do something else right now and—"
"No!" she exclaimed hastily. "I mean, no, I need to check it right now, please," she said, lowering her voice.
"Fine, just 5 minutes," I said, reaching into the drawer on my desk and handing her the laptop. I am not sure what she is up to, but I am puzzled as to why she is so anxious to utilize it. I sat alongside her on the couch while she switched her laptop on. 
"When I saw Ally's mom on TV, she looked really familiar to me, like someone I'd seen before face-to-face, so I started to think," Tris explains as she types in the password and enters her laptop, then goes to Google Drive and begins scrolling through images. She might have had something in mind concerning this case.
"I never told anyone before, not even my friends, but I used to go to a private school in elementary and middle school. I didn't tell my friends because..." She stared at me as I returned her gaze. She seems worried about what she was going to say—
"Anyways, forget about that, but—" she scrolled down till the date was years ago. "Here, it was a picture of me and my classmates in 7th grade, and..." she exhibited a picture of all her classmates at an all-girls school. It must have been an all-girls private school.

"OH MY GOD, THAT IS ALLY WILSON," she said, pointing to a girl sitting behind the class and posing shyly for the camera. She appeared recognized given her head form, but she has completely changed, and her hair color is slightly different. In the photo, her hair was closer to blonde, but it is now brown.

"How didn't I realize she was in my old school? That's how I knew her mom; I've seen her mom at school events," she continued to scan through my photos of her old friends.

"Tris, hold on, were you both friends back then?" I inquired, mentally solving the issue.

"No, I don't even think I've spoken to her before but I remember her. Her mom and my mom were friends but I just never got along with her; I had other friends."

"We'll get back to this information later; for now, I don't think it's relevant; I need you to do something, and you'll check your text messages as well, so don't worry," I say, and I can't help but smile as I notice how happy she seems to receive her texts.
"Don't get too excited; first, I need to tell you the plan," I said, taking the laptop from her and placing it on the table.
"Okay, listen carefully This is the plan; you'll be going to Lucas house and then—"
"WHAT—wait are you serious? i can't—"

"Let me finish, so basically what you're going to do is try to talk to him and make him believe you're innocent; of course, he knows you've been arrested, and no one at your school knows whether you're innocent or not; your friends may also believe the same. So you'll behave as if you need his assistance and do whatever it takes till he believes you were accused, do you understand?" I told her that I couldn't convey the whole idea to her yet. I gazed at her surprised, perplexed expression. She probably doesn't understand what I just said.
I have never given a worse case than this one in the entire year. It's unbelievable that this year is coming to an end with a case involving a fucking child. I wish I could have presented a more compelling or serious case, but sadly, I'm stuck with this.

"No—I-i don't get you. Wait, wait—are you saying I'm just going to prove my innocence to Lucas, but why him of all people? This is just confusing What exactly am i going to—" I had to cut her off before she could say anything further.
"I'm suspecting he has something to do with all the things going on, so you're going to try and get the truth out of him," I replied quietly.
Tris appeared tight and uneasy at the notion.
With trepidation, she answered, "Oh, okay, fine. When are we doing this?"
"Tomorrow, but I'm still figuring out a time when he's going to be home. My friend is going to help me track Lucas down so we'll be sure when he'll be home for you to go meet him."
"He's always free at 5 p.m.; that's when he is done with football practice so he's always home at that time." Tris said.
Even though I knew she was probably right—she had dated him before—I'll still make sure he gets home at that precise moment.
"Damn, you know him so well," I said as I stood up beside her. "You can go back to your room and we'll talk about everything tomorrow."
She smirked awkwardly and exited my office without even asking whether she could use her laptop. After showing the images of herself and Ally, she closed the laptop and did not check her messages. I assume she's finally taking the case seriously, and now I think she might be innocent after all.
I shouldn't draw any conclusions just yet, but she seemed innocent to me, and I hope I don't regret trusting her.