Prologue

Beatrice Ledger, a popular high school student, was suspected of murdering and kidnapping her classmate, Ally Wilson.
Ally Wilson was the new girl at her school, and others assumed Beatrice was envious when she discovered Ally kissed her ex-boyfriend.
It appears that Ally Wilson harbored a deep animosity against Beatrice Ledger, despite never having spoken.
Beatrice was left with no choice but to wait until the rumors were cleared when she was named as a suspect in an ongoing case. If she stated that she was accused, she was not even sure if anyone would ever trust her.

She claimed she was innocent but...was she?

Her father hired a competent detective to clear her record, but the detective needed to know everything in order to determine whether she was innocent.
However, during the inquiry, Detective Charles discovered additional evidence that led to the case of Mr. Ledger, who was going through a difficult position.
Mr. Ledger, Beatrice's father, traveled to Austria for work, but for some reason, things turned out badly, and Mr. Ledger's attorney was bribed with a large sum of money and was eager to drag Mr. Ledger down with him. 

Detective Charles observed something strange about Mr. Ledger and is now confused about whether he was as innocent as he appeared or if he was gaslighting people to believe he was...
Meanwhile, Charles is attempting to resolve the tricky situation. Beatrice and Charles had a tremendous feeling for each other, and they both knew it would ruin everything.

Beatrice wants to use that as leverage to finally get over her past breakup with her ex-boyfriend, and Charles wants to use it as leverage to find out whether she is truly innocent, as she claimed.
Would they be able to achieve that without falling hopelessly in love with one another?
Were the lies worth it all? The betrayal, the tears?

**CONTINUE TO THE NEXT PARTS TO FIND OUT!!!**