Chapter 50: Talks

Start from the beginning

"No, it's not." I shook my head and cupped his face in my hands, slowly wiping away his tears.

"I've been angry at everything lately. I can't help it." Another tear rolled down his cheek until I stopped it.

"I understand, really, but you can't live like this. It will destroy you."

Have you ever thought about taking your own advice to heart? Nope? Good chat.

"It's hard. Without him I..." His next words were swallowed by sobs.

"I know, but it can't go on like this. You're going to hurt yourself. I know it's not the same, but you have us. You have Stefan, Lincoln, Luca, and me. We're here, you just have to communicate with us. When you need something, you talk to us and we will try to help you."

I'm serious, take your own advice, woman!

"So I'm asking now...what do you need?"

His gaze skipped between my eyes. "I don't know." He said desperately.

"You know what?" I smiled. "I know what you need." I let go of his face and stood up.

"Where are you going?" He immediately asked.

"Just wait." I ran into their kitchen and stopped by the refrigerator. I bent down to the freezer and took out ice cream from the bottom drawer, at the very back, before closing the freezer again.

"Where did you get that?" He looked at me confused.

One thing guys who don't cook do? They don't look in the freezer. So that's why it's the best place to hide desserts.

I picked up two spoons from the counter, even though I wasn't planning on having any, and sat back down next to Adrian, almost throwing the frozen box into his hands.

"I don't think ice cream is going to solve my problems." He wiped his nose but opened it anyway.

"You'd be surprised." I took the TV remote from the table and turned on Netflix.

"Lexi..." I've known him long enough to know he wanted to complain, so I didn't give him a chance.

"Nope." I leaned my back against the seat. "You need peace and an environment in which you won't stress unnecessarily. Maybe you should also take time off from work and focus on yourself for a while."

"Okay." That was a bit unexpected, but I was glad he didn't argue with me on this.

"You could take Stefan and go on vacation somewhere. Maybe come back with a girlfriend." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Or with an STD." We both looked at Stefan, who was standing in the doorway of the room.

I was a little worried that Adrian was in a vulnerable place now, and the words hurt him, but when I heard his laugh, I was relieved.

Adrian partially cured, only one more to go.

*****

"Are you sure you can't stay?" Adrian asked as I got up from the couch after we finished watching the movie.

"I have to go save Lincoln before he dooms his entire future."

"Our hero." He laughed.

"Heroine." Stefan cleared his throat and deserved an elbow to his side for that.

"You'll be fine here without me." I bent down to give them both quick kisses on the cheeks. "See you later."

"Take care."

"I'll see you off." Stefan stood up and we walked together to the front door. "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you to see Lincoln?"

"Stay with Adrian, he needs you too." I gave him a narrow smile.