Chapter 49: Angel?

Start from the beginning

That's exactly what I didn't want to hear.

"See you later Lexi." He gave me a small smile before closing the door behind him and leaving.

I don't know if it was Lincoln's words or everything else that was going on, but that night I ended up sitting in the shower, cold water running down my body as I watched the blood go down the drain.

I realized that I could hurt myself all night, trying to stop the pain, but I would not find peace of mind.

In order to achieve complete peace, I only need to do one thing, just press a little harder and all worries would disappear. Well, at least I think they would.

 Well, at least I think they would

My head is a mess. And I look even worse on the outside.

It's been a week since Lexi left. She hasn't responded to any of my messages and Lincoln and the others won't tell me anything about her. I guess she told them that, I really don't know.

I don't know anything these days. I don't know where she is, how she is, or why she doesn't call or text back. It's eating me up from the inside and I don't know how long I can stand it.

I tried to catch her at work but was told that she had not shown up for work for the past week. I even visited the hospital, the corridor where her mother was, but no one saw her there either. It was as if she had just disappeared.

It made me unstable, and by that I mean I lashed out at anyone who showed up outside my apartment door. Mostly it was Zack. More than once I slammed the door right in his face. He didn't deserve it, he was just trying to help me, but the only person who could really help me doesn't even want to hear from me.

My gaze fell on the screen of the phone, which lit up the name Killian. I let it ring for about the hundredth time until it canceled itself.

I picked up my phone and went to messages, opening a conversation with Lexi, somewhat hoping that she would reply.

Read.

I didn't care for a second how desperate I sounded

I let out a disappointed breath and put my phone next to me on the bed.