I love you

19 minutes went by before there was finally a knock on the door.

I looked through the peephole and there was my girlfriend. Holding a bag?

I opened the door and immediately pulled her into a kiss, closing the door as soon as we were in the room.

"In a hurry?" She pulled away, catching her breath.

I shrugged, "I've been needing to do that since we were at the arena."

She rolled her eyes and put the black bag on the hook across from the closet.

"What's in there?"

She shrugged, "I guess we'll see later."

I glared at her. "You suck."

She smiled, "We should sit on your balcony. Your room actually faces the city."

I opened the balcony door, "Yours doesn't?"

She shook her head and flipped off the light closest to the door, darkening the enclosed balcony, "We face the pool."

"That's boring." I put my slippers on and sat on the couch outside.

She closed the door, leaving just a crack, then sat down next to me.

I leaned into her, liking how warm she is.

She put a blanket over us and put my arm over her shoulder, "That's better."

I rolled my eyes but didn't move an inch. This is really comfortable. I played with the ends of her hair and closed my eyes, "I'm glad the season is over."

She didn't move as she said, "Why?"

I opened my eyes and looked at her, "I have more time for you. Us."

She looked away from me and tried to hide her face with the blanket.

"Scar," I took my free hand and put it on her cheek, gently guiding her to look at me, "I'm serious."

I examined her face. And she is as beautiful as always. Her cheeks and nose are that adorable red from the chilly February air. The blanket pulled all the way up to her chin.

And she looks gorgeous.

A smile came over her face, "You're my favorite person, Nat."

I smiled hard, ignoring my blush, "I know. You're my favorite person, Scar." What's this feeling in my chest? I'd say butterflies if you mixed that feeling with just a little too much Molly. My heart is beating so fast.

She nodded, "I know." She smiled a bit wider and looked back out at the city, "Four time national hockey champion."

I smiled a bit but just stared at her. I could practically feel the words in my throat at this point. I might explode.

She raised her eyebrows and looked at me, "Usually when I say something really cool about my girlfriend, she replies by saying 'oh shut up' or something sappier than that."

"Scar..." I looked at the city and sighed. Taking a moment before looking back to at her.

Her face turned serious and she sat up, taking her warmth with her, "Are you okay? Is your hip still hurting from your sectionals game? I knew it! You probably shouldn't have played so hard today-"

"I love you."

"Hm?" Her voice was high pitched and her eyes went wide and I realized how badly I messed up.

"Oh God- I-" I ran my hands through my hair, "That just slipped out. It came flying through me faster than I could try to hold it down. Oh God. I mean, I don't not mean the words. I-" I took a breath and noticed her shocked face and that made everything inside me worse, "Well it's- This isn't how I meant for this to go." I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair again, "I mean, V said something while we were in leaving the locker room today and it threw me off. I have been thinking about you all day- I do everyday. But today was different." I'm fucking this up. "God."