Get Out

TW and sorry in advance

Scarlett and I are still going strong.

Dad was out of town for Thanksgiving. And will be gone for Christmas as well.

All that mumbo jumbo about wanting to be a Dad and loving us at my game was definitely false because Christmas is in 3 days and he definitely is not going to be here.

I wasn't really here on Thanksgiving.

I mean, I was physically in WestHampton but I was not on this planet.

I'm saying I was really fucking high.

Grandma Iris came up from Florida and made all of our extended relatives eat with us.

I went on a cousin walk then bashed on some mashed potatoes.

Christmas training is over as well. I'm really sad about the season ending in February but then I realized that's a bit of time away.

And there's a plus side to having Dad out of town all the time...

"Can you please turn the light off?" Scarlett put her arm over her face and turned away from me, facing the inner corner of my room.

I sighed and set my journal on the ground, "I have to-"

"Remember." She turned back towards me, "I know. Because you journal every morning as soon as you wake up." She leaned up so we were on the same level, "And you wake up before the sun does to go run."

I smiled at her, "You're getting too personal with me, Santoro."

She shrugged and kissed my lips gently. "I'm your girlfriend silly." Then she laid back down, "Now lay back down so I can be warm again."

I flipped the switch off and snuggled up against her back, wrapping my right arm over her.

Her breathing slowed and the beat of her heart grew stronger. I could feel it all over her body. Like a song only I could hear. One that I can never get tired of.

She sat up slightly and dragged my other arm under her, curling up against it.

"My arm's going to fall asleep."

"I'm going to fall asleep." She let out a heavy breath.

I kissed her shoulder and leaned my forehead up in between her shoulder blades. She smells like me because of the shower she took here last night.

I like this. Everything about it. Having a good relationship. With Scarlett Santoro. Warm.

<><><><>

Scarlett's mom needed her to take Wolf Christmas shopping.

And I needed to finish my Christmas break essay for Mrs. Moreno.

So we were apart for a total of 6 hours.

"I missed you." She leaned into me more on the couch.

I sighed and squeezed her shoulder slightly, "I know." I drew circles with my fingertips on the edge of her shirt, "Are you sure you want to watch this?"

She giggled, "I love Dance Moms! You know that, silly."

I leaned into her, sighing into her shoulder, "We watch it every day."

She crossed her arms over her chest, "And you've never complained until now."

I rolled my eyes and kissed her cheek.

But quickly pulled away when I heard bags drop on the floor next to us.

"What is going on here?"

I jumped off the couch faster than I knew I could move and turned around to look at my dad. "Hi dad."