Merry Christmas?

I've only been able to cry.

The Santoro's said I can stay as long as I need. Apparently they had a suspicion about Scarlett and I and last night confirmed it.

That's not really the way I wanted Scarlett to come out to her parents.

All I've been able to do is cry.

And wish my mother was here.

Christmas is tomorrow and I don't care anymore.

But that's normal, I think. Christmas hasn't really been Christmas since she died anyway.

I was going to head to Sydney's today seeing as I do have a room there and I'm not completely sure how comfortable the Santoro's are with their new knowledge about their daughter and her girlfriend. But we're in a white out. There's already a foot of snow outside and it started at two.

"What's up?" Scar sat down next to me on her huge bean bag chair, "I was thinking we'd go and open presents."

I stared at her, "What presents?"

I haven't left her room in three days. And I didn't expect any presents.

She shrugged, "Mom went overboard before the whole thing happened so don't think these are pity gifts." She stood up and walked over to her white dresser, opening the top drawer, "I have something for you first."

I stared at her as she walked back over and sat in front of me instead of back on the chair.

She held out a small red box. "It's cute, just open it." She looked down at her hands and I noticed how red her cheeks were.

I slowly undid the small bow and lifted the lid.

A golden 'S' necklace sat delicately in the box.

I looked up at her.

She pulled another box out, "I got me an 'N' by the way."

I smiled and set the box gently on the ground, "I like you real bad, Scarlett Santoro."

She blushed harder, "I like you a lot more, Natalie Wilson."

I put my hands gently on her cheeks, admiring her face. The tiny, almost unnoticeable scar above her lip. How one of her eyes is a darker shade of blue than the other. The freckles on the very tip of her nose. "You're so beautiful, Scarlett."

She tried to look away as the blush took over her cheeks.

But I kissed her instead.

And it felt really nice.

We rested against each others foreheads.

She cleared her throat, "My mom made her famous hand and baked mac 'n cheese so you better hurry up and get those pajamas on." She stood up, "Because we have to eat dinner, open presents, and get our groove on."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, "You're so corny, Santoro."

She shrugged and threw the pink penguin pajamas at me, "Hurry up."

I sighed and quickly dressed right there.

Of course, she stared the whole time. But that's understandable. I would stare if she changed right in front of me.

I slid the slippers on and finally exited her room. And it did smell really really nice out here.

Chip was looking directly at me from the far end of the hallway.

I braced myself for mean words or even a smug look towards me. But instead, he reached his hand out and handed me a gift card.

"There's only $220 on there but Angie and I went half and half." He crossed his hands over his chest and looked down, "Sorry about your Dad and shit."