Dont Hurt Me

Lester's POV

Almost missing the turn, I swerved into the parking lot and took a right turn in front of her building. I was nervous as hell, I hadn't seen Lee since back in June and truth be told I didn't think I'd see her so soon. I was still kinda upset about her kissing Landin but I'm trying not to fault her for it. I guess it's just hormones and shit.

I'm just tryna do the right thing. I can't leave the mother of my unborns out in the cold like this even though I'm wondering why she couldn't call nobody else. I know I wasn't her only option. After looking at the time and seeing it was just after three, I sent Lee a text telling her I was outside and she loved it.

I look at the freshly manicured bushes around the parking lot. It was a nice building and I could tell you had to have money to be living here and Lee had to be making decent money to be living on her own now. I wonder what her apartment looked like inside.

The entrance to the building opened and I saw her waddle out holding her stomach. She looked good just like always. She wore dark blue scrubs and a white fleece North Face coat. I hopped out the car and slowly approached her.

"What's wrong with yo car?"

She looked up at me for a second before clearing her throat and speaking. "Umm, I left my light on so my battery died."

"Damn, ion got no jumper cables either. We can tow it tomorrow and get a new battery."

"Really?"

"Yea now cmon, it's cold."

We both got in the car and I saw Lee shiver a lil bit so I turned my heat on full blast before pulling off. There was an awkward silence. The two of us clearly had nothing to say. Well, I had a few things I could say but I wasn't tryna argue. Right now it was all about my boys and I wanted to keep it cordial.

I noticed Lee looking out the window watching the streets as I drove. She always did that but I felt like her doing it now was just her tryna avoid me as much as she could. Even cooped up in the car with me she was trying her hardest not to look at me and be as far from me as possible.

"What you eat today?"

She looked startled as she turned her neck so hard to look at me that her thick hair flew in her mouth. Her shit grew too, it was starting to go down her back. She took her nail and dug the hair out before answering me.

"Don't be mad."

I clenched my jaw. "What you eat?"

"Well after that shit with my car my break was almost over so I didn't have time to get something to eat like I wanted. And then it got very busy when I came back so I didn't eat much. Just some Reese's."

I gripped my steering wheel a lil tighter. "You only ate Reese's today?"

"Yes, but I've been eating them all day. I had at least two packs. They love them, I eat them all the time."

"That's koo and all but you need food. You got groceries at home?"

She nodded looking forward as she played with her nails. "You want Chick-fil-A?"