Battle Cry

Lee's POV

Holding my aching back, I stood off to the side and watched as the movers carried my bed and dressers into my new apartment. I had been getting small cramps and pains in my back and lower belly but I read that could be normal early on in pregnancy so I thought nothing of it.

I was now 14 weeks and my belly was still relatively small. With a loose shirt on you couldn't tell but without one I looked super bloated. But I liked my little pudge, it was just an indicator of my pending future as a mother. I hated the circumstances I had walking into motherhood but I had to deal with it.

Once they finished, the head of the movers team walked up to me. His sweaty frame towered over me and his pretty eyes looked into mine as he spoke.

"We're all finished up here ma'am. If you need anything else you can take my number down for future moves."

"You already gave me your business card."

He laughed throwing his head back and clutching his large arm over his midsection. "I did, my apologies I forgot about that. Well, are you sure that's everything? Nothing is going in that second bedroom?" He pointed over his shoulder.

"No, not yet."

He nodded stroking his full beard. "Well, when you get some stuff you make sure to call me, ok?"

"Ok, thank y'all again." I displayed a small smile.

The movers left shortly after and once they did I slowly walked through my new place. Aniyah was sad that I left her but I had to do this. I had to finally learn some independence. Since I was 17 I've been dependent on everyone else for something. To the point that I got super comfortable but now I had to be responsible for two little ones. I had to learn to move on my own especially since I knew now that I would have no help from Lester.

My face twisted as I felt another cramp when I stepped into my bedroom. I left the old one at Aniyah's and bought a brand new king-sized mattress that set perfectly in my gray rounded platform bed. That shit alone cost a band but I wanted to spoil myself. I took a seat on the bed getting a call from Aniyah.

"Hello?"

"I'm outside come open this door."

She hung up before I could respond and I sighed getting up and walking towards the door. Once I opened it I was greeted by my beautiful friend's warm smile. She looked pretty in her baby blue sundress and her hair was done in fresh faux locs that she had pinned up in a half-up half-down style.

"Welcome to mi casa." I stepped aside as she came in the door.

I watched as Aniyah inspected the home. Once you stepped in the door my living room was to the left. It was decorated in brown and cream decor with a few pictures up and my new black furniture and 65-inch TV clashed well with the colors. Then to the right, you had my small dining room that only fit my round table and four chairs.

Further back was my tiny kitchen that could only fit maybe three people at a time. It was relatively small but it was mine and with my red and creme decor I made it look pretty nice. Once you came down the small hallway the two doors on the left were my bedroom and laundry room and to the right was the bathroom and bedroom two. At the end of the hallway sat a small closet which I didn't have a purpose for yet.