"You think he is going to hurt Helaena and her children?"

"I do not think so, I know so." She took a step closer to him. "Do not leave them alone, not even in their chambers. There is something else I need you to do."

He frowned. "What?"

"Send a note to my mother." Aemond's face became stony, but she did not stop. "Do not tell her it is from you, but tell her what my stepfather is planning."

"Why?"

"Because I can assure you she does not know." Her mother could be ruthless when the situation called for it, but she would never hurt Helaena or her children. Her mother loved her sister and her children. "I am not sure if she will do anything if she finds out after Daemon does what he is planning, she might do nothing. But I can assure you that if she discovers what he is planning before it happens she will put a stop to it."

Aemond's face became hateful. "My sister has never cared about us. I doubt she will do anything to help us."

"My mother might not care about you or Aegon, but she cares about Helaena." Darya's voice broke not argument. "She will not be pleased that my stepfather is trying to hurt the children."

Aemond did not look sure, but after a moment nodded his head. She was hoping that Aemond would be able to protect Helaena and the children.  

                                                                    Darya Velaryon (15 years old

                                                                    Darya Velaryon (15 years old.)

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Aemond had been shocked when the maid had handed him the note. After all the things his niece had screamed at him and all the times she had attacked him the last thing he had expected was for his niece to ask to see him. It had taken him an hour to make up his mind and finally go to see her. He had expected more screams and recriminations, not for her to ask for his help. There was still hate in her eyes when she looked at him, but overall there was a large amount of pain, it was almost crippling. She had looked almost defeated and he hated that, he hated seeing her that way.

He had never expected her to tell him about Daemon's plans. He thought that she hated him enough to allow him and his family to suffer as much as possible. He should have known better, Darya had never been a vengeful person, at least not in the way he was. She could get angry and become almost unhinged, but she had never done anything to make him think that she would hurt Helaena or her children. He wanted to know how she could be so sure that something would happen to his sister and her children.

He left Darya and almost ran to his sister's chambers, happy to find her alone with the children. His mother, brother, and grandsire were not present.

"Helaena," His sister looked up and looked relieved to see him. "What is happening?"

She frowned, not seeming to understand the question. "What do you mean?"

"Why does Darya want me to protect you and the children?" His sister tensed. "Why does she think that Daemon is going to try and hurt you?"

Helaena's face flushed. "I am not sure."

"Helaena," Aemond made sure that his voice was gentle as he sat beside his sister. "I am your brother and I will do whatever it takes to protect you and your children, but I need you to tell me the truth." Helaena looked at her children and bit her lip, she seemed unsure. "Please."

"I saw it." Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at him. "The men Daemon will send for my children."

Aemond was a bit confused. "What do you mean you saw it?"

"I saw it." Her voice became a bit frustrated. "Just like I saw the dragons fighting in the storm."

It took Aemond a bit to realize what she was talking about and his eyes widened. She was talking about when he had chased Darya. The more he thought about it the more things made sense. He remembered what she had said the day his brother and Aegon had played that prank on him with the pig. When he had been talking to his mother and she had assured him he would one day have a dragon Helaena had said he would have to close one eye. A few moons later he had lost his eye.

"Sister." He took one of her hands, but let her go when she flinched. "Are you a dragon dreamer?"

"I do not know." Tears ran down her face. "I do not like the things that I see."

"What do you see Helaena?"

"Blood, death, and the end of dragons."

Her words were ominous, making chills run down his neck and spine. He knew she was talking about the war, he needed to figure out what she knew, but first, he needed to get her out of there. He needed to make sure she and the children were safe, with any luck they would be able to catch the men Daemon had sent.