oyakata looks among them calmly, "i believe times are changing amongst us and in the demon slayer corps. These changes are the most hardest and trying but i have my utmost faith in (y/n) that whatever she is doing will have a good outcome." He pauses, faintly smiling, "so my children, i ask you to please accept this once more." He neither pleads nor asks, simply telling them that this is situation now.

how could the hashira say no to their master? The one whom gave them purpose and a sense of clarity in their dull lives. their faces remained stern but with a sense of reluctancy.

"let's put this demon to the test then." uzui says with a serious tone, crossing his bulky arms, "if he can show restrain from eating a human that is. Although there is no guarantee, but it's the only choice we have." He suggests.

(y/n) nods. She watches as sanemi instantly cuts his palm, drawing blood. she sweat-drops, does he have a kink for injuring himself?? This is the third time, damn.

"OI! COME OUT DEMON!!" He hisses venomously, stepping on the box and making her frown. He quickly removes his foot when the door shakes and they all watch (including oyakata) as the two demons pop out. They all knew rui passed the test but enmu on the other hand....

Lower moon one stares at sanemi's hand, hunger flashing in his eyes. He wanted to rip the hashira to pieces, to see pain and agony, but....his eyes slowly drift to (y/n), who gave him a thumbs up with a grin. She clearly believed in him...—

"......."

"....what are you trying to prove, hashira?" enmu coos with a sadistic expression on his face, making them stiffen with their guard up. Whereas oyakata merely watched on in silence with a relaxed face, "get that shitty blood away from me, i don't want it." He simply says, shrugging his shoulders, "it stinks and (y/n)'s blood is better than yours," he slams the lid back down, him and rui back in the box. All was quiet as the kakushi bring the box back to the room where nezuko resides.

"well then," oyakata says with a smile, "i think that proves it." He then looks at (y/n), "the responsibility of these demons are under you, so whatever they choose to do reflects on you, (y/n). Is that okay?" The foreign girl nods in agreement, she been knew that since she brought this upon them. She hadn't been told twice..

sanemi grits his teeth, walking past them and harshly bumping shoulders with (y/n). Clearly, he was pissed by the outcome given. The others don't look too happy about it but had it been the collective vote, surely enmu would have to die and all she did to keep him alive will be for nothing.

Unlike the others, she saw a different perspective of things and wasn't blinded by hate and anger, she surmises it's because she never did lose someone to a demon unlike them. So she can't fault the others at all for their resentment.

The hashira's soon clear out, no one voicing what they truly felt about the outcome but it was obvious from the looks on their faces. The only ones who were indifferent were giyu and kyojuro.

....(y/n) was left alone in the garden...

She glances at oyakata whom was watching her with a warm smile, "..i suppose the others hate me right now, don't they?" She hops onto the engawa, sitting down and overlooking the view with her hands resting on her lap. It wasn't like she expected different but the utter feeling that she was practically alone on this hurt. Oh well...let bygones be bygones! haters are gonna hate and unbeknownst to them, she was doing this so no one would die, heck even the demons she cares about!! certain ones tho.....call me bias, lol.

oyakata sighs, taking the seat next to her. He shakes his head, looking up to the sky, "wrong. I think the hashira will soon see what you see, (y/n). As for me, i think this is a step towards our victory against muzan. I'd like to think he never saw two of his twelve kizuki turning sides." He says, glancing at her warmly while putting a hand on her knee, patting it.

(y/n) chuckles dryly, glancing at him. He always had an eye for something deeper. No wondered amane-san married him! There was a brief pause, before she spoke up again, "...what if i made the wrong choice? what if at the end, rui and enmu turn against me—..." she was cut off by the master, whom rested a hand on top her head comfortingly.

oyakata smiles, "if you want my honest opinion, i don't think you have, (y/n)." He places a finger to his lips when he saw her opening her mouth, making her quiet as he continues, letting her know his thoughts, "if they had that in mind, i am certain they would have told muzan of this location and endanger the lives of all the demon slayers, but they didn't. Instead, they cling onto you as if you are their hope and i think that says a lot." He assuringly says, making all the doubts and worries inside her disappear.

The two go back to gazing at the bushes and flowers from their view on the engawa.

oyakata looks down for a moment, there was something that was bothering him for a while but he never got to say it out loud, "...(y/n)?...you know more things that we don't, haven't you?" He says more than ask. Was it that obvious? Not to the naked eye.

Although, (y/n) has said or done things that make one wonder if she can see the future. Also, he can see it in her eyes. There was a glint, a feeling of knowing and perceiving that radiates off her. He knew the foreign girl knew more than what she let on and that there was some deep secret kept away but it is not his place to pry or ask questions. He is certain all will be answered in due time.

after her talk with oyakata, (y/n) walks down the dirt-path slowly. Soon she might need a wagon, so she needs to invest in one or have someone build something bigger. She sighs, slowly gazing up at the sky with soft eyes.

she makes her way to one of the lakes nearby. She needed some time away. As she stands at the edge of the water, she peers inside the clear liquid that she was able to view the biome underneath it. All the little fishies swimming about carefree without a thought in mind. The rocks and stones that made a home for the underwater creatures.

"oh little fishies, why can't i be like you??" (y/n) sighs dejectedly.

faintly, she could hear footfalls as someone approaches and stops behind her. She could feel their gaze on her back but she didn't turn around.

"...what are you doing here?" she hears a sigh as the person stands next to her. It was iguro. His pet snake kabumaru, slithers off his body and crawls onto hers. The serpent hashira watching silently as the foreign girl cradles the reptile in her palms.

He sighs, "...thought i would come to check how the idiot is doing," he says, referring to her, "..what you did was a stupid. Trusting that can a demon can change is a reckless move because you never know what they might do." He points out. He was right in his own way.

(y/n) nods half-heartedly, "i agree with you, iguro. Although, everything i'm doing is simply a gamble. Whether it will pay off or not, i don't know the answer to that as things are changing and there are just too many variables." She murmurs. What if all the changes she does come back as rebound and is ten times worse?

the serpent hashira doesn't say a word. He understood her, but his hatred and dislike for demons prevailed over that. kabumaru hisses lightly, flicking his forked tongue out as he tries to curl deeper in (y/n)'s palms. His snakes behavior was intriguing to iguro since the white reptile never shown likeness towards anybody, yet here he was in the hands of someone else.

His mismatched eyes dart to (y/n)'s face and his breath hitches. He froze as he gazed upon the soft expression the female had taken, the sunlight breaking through the grey clouds and hitting her face, illuminating her radiant skin and causing her eyes to glow in color. His heart raced and he slowly clutches it, looking down conflicted. Why was he feeling this way?..didn't he love mitsuri? He always had! But...why does his heart now act strange for the (h/c)-ette. He wonders....

TAISHO SECRETS
. iguro has fallen in love.
. enmu prefers (y/n)'s blood.
. oyakata believes in (y/n)'s judgement.
. oyakata and (y/n) have a good relationship.
. rengoku felt terrible that everyone was ganging up on (y/n).
. sanemi has a grudge on (y/n) due to her actions.

a/n: enjoy!!

ℜ𝔢𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 (Demon Slayer Various x Reader) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें