"Do tell!" She urges, faking gossipy excitement.

"Well, I can't give up my sources but I've heard he is, like, the rudest person ever. Never really talks to anyone. Doesn't really have any friends because he tends to blow everyone off and basically just cares about himself. No surprise with looks like that – to be quite honest. He is an Adonis reincarnation." One of the girl's friends nods encouragingly.

"Yeah, Lilly – from my American History class – asked him out on a date once. Cried for three days straight because he blew her off. Told her she'd need to lose about fifteen pounds before ever even speaking to him again." Clear lies.

My pleasant façade is cracking as the girls turn back around, cheering the players on although the game hasn't even started yet.

"Come on, let's get something to drink." Amber suggest, putting a supportive hand on my shoulder. "Hey! Can you girls watch our seats for us? We're just getting some drinks."

The girls agree enthusiastically but we're already on our way, pushing through the riled up crowd of people. The closer we get to the makeshift drinks booth, the louder the crowd and the stronger the smell of stale beer gets. Nonetheless Amber manages to push ahead,never letting go of my hand, and orders two beers and some peanuts.

My whole body, still on edge, welcomes the surprisingly cool beer.

"Whoa, slow down. You'll empty your cup before we get back to the field."Amber jokes, ripping open the little plastic bag that holds the peanuts.

"If I would have known college would be this gossipy, I might never have come." I mutter grumpily, pushing past a group of clearly drunk boys.

"Well what did you expect? Most of these people came here, thinking that their high school legacy would live on. They're used to being on top of the food-chain! College is pretty much just like high school except you really get to escape if you want." Amber explains calmly.

"Escape? How?! Did you not listen to those hyenas? First they were drooling –just looking at Seth and then they were basically tearing strips of him and ruining his reputation! I've never even seen these girls! I can't escape. They're everywhere." My voice gets more and more high pitched the closer we get to the bleachers. Of course the girls are still there and still just as excited as they were before.

"Arya. Don't you get it? You have an advantage! You're smart, you know this isn't high school and guess what –" Amber puts her drink and snack down to put her hands on my shoulders. "That guy that they're fawning over... He is yours."

She shakes me lightly and I can't help but crack a tiny smile.

"He doesn't want anyone else and he sure as hell doesn't give a crap about his reputation anymore. He's here to play ball and be with you. That much even I have gathered. Now sit down, drink your beer and cheer on your man!"

Reality-check accepted!

Taking another big gulp of my beer, I turn towards the field, doing my best to tune out the giggly chicks in front of us and focus solely on my man. Or... at least I'm trying to.

"Where did they go?" I shout, leaning in close to Amber, noticing that the players are no longer on the field.

"The game is about to start. They're going back in for theirs last pep-talk and then it's go-time!" Amber shouts clearly excited.

And then, as if on cue, a booming voice announces the beginning of the game by welcoming the opposing team onto the field. Lined up one behind they other, they walk to the center of the field, looking extremely focused and slightly intimidating. They receive a lukewarm welcome from the crowd.