There's no 'us'

«How much longer?» Jisung whined, tilting his head back

«How much longer?» Jisung whined, tilting his head back.«I told you five minutes ago, another 20 kilometers» Felix replied.

«Why are you so impatient anyway?» Changbin asked, giving him a side-eye.

«Well... I'm hungry and my feet hurt from not moving, and I don't know!» he blurted out, his nervousness making him fidgety.Minho opened the door with an unreadable expression on his face, greeting everyone with a pat on the shoulder. Everyone but Jisung.

«Hey» Minho greeted.

«Sup» Jisung replied without looking him in the face.When they entered Minho's large villa, Jisung immediately noticed a figure busy playing video games in the living room.

«Yo, who's this?» Jisung asked, gesturing towards the gamer.

Minho grinned. «That's my cousin, Seungmin. He's crashing with me for like a month» he explained.Seungmin glanced up from the game. «What's up?» he greeted, flashing a little smile.

«I'm Jisung. Nice to meet you,» he said, offering a casual wave.

Seungmin chuckled, his laughter infectious. «Well, I'm genuinely surprised you're friends with someone like him. I honestly thought you were destined to die alone» he teased, playfully patting Minho's back.

«Yeah, I'm not his friend. These guys are» Jisung retorted with a smirk, gesturing to the rest of the gang.

«I hear you» Seungmin quipped, high-fiving him, earning a mock glare from Minho. The rest of the guys introduced themselves to the new guy with a handshake.

«How come you came to stay with him?» Changbin asked.«My house burned down» Seungmin casually replied.

«Damn.»

«Yeah, some sick kids thought that was a good idea trying to play with inflammable chemicals around an open fire» everyone looked at him shocked, and Jisung was the one that broke the silence.

«I'm hungry. Give me some food» Jisung demanded, looking towards Minho.

«Get it yourself» the brunette replied, irritated.

«I don't know where it is, this house is huge» Minho rolled his eyes.

As Minho disappeared into the kitchen, Jisung felt a surge of determination wash over him. He couldn't let this opportunity slip away without confronting Minho about their unresolved tension.

«Hey, Minho» Jisung called out, reaching him in the kitchen, his voice more confident than he felt.

Minho paused in the doorway of the pantry, turning to face Jisung with a raised eyebrow. «What do you want?» the brunette asked, his tone guarded.

Jisung took a deep breath, steeling himself for what was about to come. «I think we need to talk» he said, his voice steady despite the agitation in his stomach.