𝟔. 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

NICO POV:

Suddenly a knock on the door diverted my gaze from tucking in the corners of the bed, to a jaw-dropping woman. She stood there innocently, but her body was far from it, and the way her eyes studied me seemed like her mind was too.

"Hola..?" She said. Her body language told me she was taken aback by my presence. But when she spoke, a thick accent glided off her tongue.

Wait.. 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵? Who is this girl?

𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘵.

She spoke in Spanish. She was from Spain.

𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘚 was the girl that'd be staying here?

My pants tightened slightly when she put the bag hanging off her shoulder down by the door and walked straight to me.

"H- hi, I'm Nico Anders-"

"Hi Nico, why are you in my room?" She cut me off with, standing inches away from me confidently.

"I was making sure to get everything ready- wait. Who let you in the house?" I asked worryingly, knowing 𝘐 was supposed to greet her and show her here.

"Some guy named Enzo... I think."

𝘍𝘶𝘤𝘬. That accent was driving me wild.

...then I realized that Enzo would be PISSED that I kind of *ignored* him earlier.

"Fuck" I whispered while getting the rest of her things that were dropped at the entrance to the room. I put them by her bed, as she watched me intently from across the room.

She had found her desk, and sat down on the top of it. I placed it by a large window, because sunlight and fresh air always soothed me while working.

"I need to go... but I'll see you shortly." I told her.

"Okay, when?" She questioned, making a slight blush creep up my cheeks.

"In a few hours, I have things to take care of first. You're probably tired, so rest until then." I said before I shut the door behind me.

Immediately heading to Emilio's office I was stopped by another man who worked for us.

"Nicooo!! My favorite man. How have you been?"

"Rubin! It's been so long since I last seen you, I've been great. We could use your fighting skills right now." I replied.

Rubin was one of the best snipers I had ever encountered, and his punch wasn't bad either. Me, Enzo, Kacey, Marcus, Rubin, Kendra, and a few others grew up learning how to survive in this world together.

I was an only child, but I never ever felt like one. The team I trusted with my life today had fought with me since I was a toddler, so I loved these people like my siblings.

Because I was trained to be the right-hand since I could remember, people skills were one of my strengths.

Rubin embraced me, catching me off guard, but I quickly regained my composure and waited until he let go of me and took a few steps back.

"I'm here to help, I'll be staying here for a while." He told me, with the brightest smile on his face.

"We've missed you brother." Enzo said grinning like he had just won the lottery. Rubin reacted by bringing Emilio into a side hug, getting a groan from him. Rubin finally released Enzo and asked "Who was the hot chick who walked in here not too long ago?"