Shang Yufei casually responded with a "Hmm."

Suddenly, Bai Yue remembered something and took out his phone from his pocket.

Shang Yufei noticed it wasn't the same model Bai Yue had been using before. "Got a new phone?"

Bai Yue shook his head. "This belongs to someone else."

Before Shang Yufei could question further, he heard another inquiry.

"Do you know anyone who's good with electronic devices?"

A few minutes later, Bai Yue briefly explained what had happened on Lya Star.

He looked at his phone. "There are emails exchanged between Du Qin and the undercover agent here. Maybe we can find some clues."

Shang Yufei fell silent for a moment before saying, "This isn't something you should be involved in."

Upon hearing this, Bai Yue smiled. "Indeed, this has nothing to do with military merits or promotion."

"But as future soldiers of the Empire, there are certain things we must do," he continued, lifting his head. "The Patrol Team may have their reasons for wanting me to conceal this, but honestly, I don't trust them too much."

If that's the case, why join them?

Shang Yufei looked at Bai Yue but ultimately didn't ask. Instead, he pulled out his phone.

"I understand," he said. "However, this is just to find clues. Even if we identify the mole, you're not allowed to take action on your own."

"Of course," Bai Yue agreed. "That's enough."

Originally, his plan was to gather enough evidence and report directly to higher authorities, bypassing the Patrol Team.

Shortly after the selection results were announced, Bai Yue followed the email instructions to the rendezvous point.

Unlike regular clubs, which typically have their own separate room, the Patrol Team occupied an entire building.

Located in the southwest corner of Emperor One Military Academy, it was well hidden.

Even though Bai Yue had been at the school for a while, it was his first time discovering this place.

As he entered the activity room, he found many freshmen had arrived early, including Hu Zi Nan and others.

When they spotted Bai Yue, they immediately rushed over, excited.

"Bai! You're almost late, why are you so unpunctual!" Hu Zi Nan exclaimed.

Bai Yue waved it off.

Clearly, they still hadn't remembered his name.

"Bai Yue!" Cao Xun exclaimed, ecstatic.

Initially, he hadn't expected much from the selection process. But when he saw the results, he could hardly believe his eyes.

It must have been all thanks to Bai Yue. Because he had been working with him all along, they had earned many extra points.

As soon as Bai Yue arrived, before he could even get acquainted with the surroundings, he was surrounded by a crowd.

Mu Sihan didn't participate in the commotion. He just glanced over and then leaned against the window, as usual.

Shortly after, the senior members of the Patrol Team arrived. Seeing the chaos, they shouted, "Newbies! Line up!"

Reluctantly, everyone let go of Bai Yue and returned to the queue.