"I won't let you off the hook," he teased, his eyes narrowing. "Yufei."

At his words, Shang Yufei was taken aback, a blush instantly rising to his ears.

Bai Yue rarely used his last name.

"I didn't mean it like that!" Shang Yufei stumbled, rare fluster evident in his voice. "It's just that I haven't seriously thought about many things before."

Bai Yue raised an eyebrow. "If you had thought seriously, would you have ditched me?"

"Of course not!" Shang Yufei frowned. "I've said it before, no matter how you change! It doesn't matter to me!"

After the outburst, he lowered his voice. "It's just that I can't approach many things with my old attitude anymore."

Bai Yue observed him.

Teasing Shang Yufei was always amusing. He reacted strongly, especially when they were younger. And when he got embarrassed, his ears would turn red.

Even though Shang Yufei might not be aware of this habit himself.

"So, can you now approach me with the same attitude you have towards alphas?" Bai Yue asked.

Shang Yufei was taken aback, then turned his head away. "I'll try."

Whenever he felt inner turmoil, he would avoid eye contact.

Seeing this, Bai Yue stood up. "Alright, it's getting late," he said, looking down at Shang Yufei with a smile. "Let's have dinner together after such a long time."

His usual, relaxing demeanor.

For some reason, Shang Yufei suddenly felt at ease.

No matter what he looked like in battle, Bai Yue was still Bai Yue.

As he was about to stand up, he suddenly heard:

"Also," Bai Yue asked, "can I touch you now?"

Shang Yufei stumbled, sitting back down again. "Wh-what are you saying."

"Because the first two times we met, you always avoided me," Bai Yue pointed out.

To be precise, he was pushed away after making contact.

Bai Yue squatted down. "Although it will take some time, let's get to know each other again," he smiled. "But in private, I still want to be with you like lovers."

Shang Yufei remained silent for a long while before suddenly saying, "Idiot."

He grabbed Bai Yue's arm and pulled him into his embrace. "You don't need to ask about things like this."

It was a familiar, affectionate warmth.

Bai Yue rested his forehead against Shang Yufei's shoulder.

Perhaps it was the effect of the setting sun, but he felt warm all over.

Bai Yue closed his eyes. "What do you want to eat tonight?"

"...Meat."

The Emperor One dormitory had a communal kitchen. Bai Yue planned to buy groceries first and then cook.

As they left the rooftop, the other guy was nowhere to be seen.

"You two are always together whenever I see you," Bai Yue remarked. "Are you friends?"

Friends?

Upon hearing this, Shang Yufei hesitated briefly before scratching his head. "Hmm, something like that."

Unfortunately, Wu Zihao wasn't around to hear this conversation. If he had heard those words firsthand, he would have been moved to tears.

Bai Yue suggested, "We should find some time to introduce me to him. I want to get along well with your friends."