Chapter 20

Seriously? Caleb? Why does he have to be involved in everything that I do? I thought as he glared at me. "Is that you?" he asked, stomping his foot on the ground with immense force. I rolled my eyes. "Who do you think this is?" He stared deep into my soul. "A douche bag, that's for sure," he said. "Really? Look at you," I retorted.

The manager then came. "Alright. So you three want to play for the Bayonne Bees?" he asked. I thought about it for a moment. Do I really want to play with Caleb? I almost slapped myself, but hesitated. Right. I'm going to pursue my dream. I won't not because of some loser like Caleb. "Yeah, we do," we said.

"Alright. Here are your jerseys," he said, handing them to us. Me and Jaycob looked at each other happily, smiling. "Yay!"

We both went into separate changing rooms. I looked at the jersey. Ahh! Number 13! My birthday! I put it on and walked out. Caleb's was number 2. How many pounds he is, to be honest. I giggled.

And Jaycob's was number 26. The manager then gave us our glove and bats. Caleb was a pitcher, so he needed a glove and a ball. "Alright, you guys will have practice at bats with each other. First, Caleb against Emma." As soon as the manager said that, my legs practically turned to jelly, and I started shaking.

My shaky batting stance didn't seem nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be. I anticipated the pitch, staring into Caleb's eyes.

"And the pitch..." the manager said.

As I got ready to swing, I saw the ball was heading for my face.

FUCK!