24

a/n: just a little snippet 

Jessica POV
February 9th - LA, California

I heard Marshall sigh, "God, I'm fucking nervous" he stated. "Why am I so nervous?" he asked as him and I made eye contact. "It's okay, everything will be okay. Take a deep breath, Marshall" I said, giving him a small reassuring smile. 

He inhaled, holding it before breathing out. Marshall ran his hands over his face, "I think I'm getting to old, for this shit" he said as I let out a scoff. He furrowed his eyebrows, "what's so funny?" he asked, before walking toward me. 

I hid my face, knowing I couldn't contain my laughter. "What's so funny?" he reiterated, before playfully placing kisses all over me. "You said you were, old" I said in between laughs, trying to catch my breath. 

"Well, I ain't in my thirties anymore" he said. I shrugged, "yeah but you fuck like you are" I said as Marshall shook his head, pressing his tongue to his cheek to hold back his laugh. "I swear, I can't bring you anywhere" 

I shrugged again, "but for some reason, you still bring me" I said. He nodded, "I have to, you're my girl" he said as my face turned red. "You keep me from going absolutely crazy" he said as I felt a flutter in my stomach. I quickly furrowed my eyebrows before running my hand over the bump. Marshall's face contorted in concern, "h- hey, you okay?" he asked softly. "I- I think she just kicked" I said as his eyes widened. 

"Wait, really?" he asked. I nodded, "h- has she ever done that before?" Marshall asked, softly grazing my belly. I shook my head, "this is the first ti-" I said before I was interrupted, by Paul banging his fists on the door. 

"Yo Marsh, two minutes dude" he said, continuing to bang on the door. I let out a small smile as Marshall pressed a kiss to my skin, "let's go surprise the fuck, outta these people" he said before taking my hand in his. I chewed at my lip, feeling the little flutters of our baby girl as I followed behind Marshall. 

As Marshall quickly got miked, movie scenes from 8 Mile flashed on the big screen. He chewed at his lip nervously, before pulling me into him to calm him. "Rock that stage, Marsh" I said before the intro to Lose Yourself started to play. 

"Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity" Marshall said as the crowd roared."To seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?"  

"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti" 
"But on the surface he looks calm and ready, to drop bombs but he keeps on forgetting" 

I watched in admiration as the crowd went wild for his performance, before Paul playfully nudged me. "Not only did you get Marshall to perform, but, you got him to perform at the Oscars" 

I nodded, "yes, sir" I said softly. "Excellent job, Jessica" Paul said, as I nodded satisfied. I turned back toward the stage, watching Marshall devour this performance. I watched as he tried to soak up this moment, just as much as anyone in the crowd. 

"No more games, I'ma change what you call rage. Tear this motherfuckin' roof off like two dogs caged" 
"I was playin' in the beginning, the mood all changed. I've been chewed out and spit out and booed off stage" 

I let out a small smile, feeling accomplished. 

"All the pain inside amplified by the fact that I can't get by with my nine to five, and I can't provide the right type of life for my family"
"Cause man, these goddamn foot stamps don't by diapers"

"These times are so hard, and its gettin' even harder. Tryna water my seed, plus teeter totter"
"Caught up between being a father and a prima dona. Baby mama drama, screamin' on her, to much for me to wanna-" 

I gasped, noticing the mic pack detached from Marshall's pants. I watched as it swung from the back of his jeans, "shit" I said exaggerated. I chewed at my lip, watching him try to shove it into his pants pocket. 

"Mom, I love you, but this trailer's got, to go"
"I cannot grow old in Salem's Lot. So here I go its my shot, feel, fail me not" 

I let out a small smile, listening as nearly everyone shouted word for word along with Marshall. 

"You better loose yourself in the music, the moment"
"You own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime" 

I let out a sigh of relief, as the song finished and everyone stood to their feet. The yelling and clapping overtook the room. I could hear the song fade out, before Marshall made his way backstage. 

Him and I made eye contact, as a smile curved his lips up. "Jess!" he yelled out as he ran toward me. "I- I just performed, at the fucking Oscars" he said as he pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me. I nodded, "yeah you did, and you fucking killed it" I said as he buried his head into my neck.