18

Jessica POV
A Few Days Later

"Jess, hey!!" Grace said as I walked into the studio. "I'm so happy to see you back in the office honey" she said as I gave her a small smile. I nodded, "I'm happy to be back" I said as I chewed at my lip, making my way into the common area.

Silence lingered as I made a cup of coffee. I drowned out my surroundings as my mind focused on other things, before chaos erupted. "Where is she?" I heard a man yell, the familiarity in his voice making my stomach turned.

"I- I'm sorry but who are you talking about?" Grace questioned, as her voice shook in fear. The man sighed heavily, "Jessica" he stated. "She's got to be here, I know she is. She's fucking always here" he snapped.

I froze, feeling my fight or flight to kick in.

"Sir, we're gonna need you to leave the premise" security said as they stepped in. "You cannot be yelling at our employees like this" he said as Anthony continued to yell. I closed my eyes, praying that this wasn't happening.

I felt someone quickly tug on my arm, causing me to let out a small scream. "You're okay, honey it's just me" Marshall said as he pulled me into him. "Why the fuck is he here?" I asked as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"T- There should be security at every door" I said, trying to pull myself together. Marshall sighed as he pressed his lips to my skin, "he will not be able to get near you, I promise you" he said as he wiped the wetness from my face.

"Why can't I just see her?" Anthony asked, yelling louder. "Sir, I'm not even allowed to let you know if she's in the building" security said as I peered around the corner. Marshall cleared his throat, "I want you to stay here, understood?"

I shook my head furiously, "Marsh, please, no" I begged as I grasped onto his hand. He let out a cocky scoff, "I've been waiting for this stupid fuck to come around, for awhile now" he said as he walked into the fire.

"Yo, someone wanna tell me what's going on?" he asked.

"Yo, Eminem!" Anthony said happily. "I- I'd love to get a picture, or autograph" Anthony said as Marshall pressed his tongue to his cheek, before shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You're Anthony Mazza, right?" Marshall asked as he nodded. Marshall cleared his throat, "I always thought about what this encounter would look like. Meeting the man that hurt Jess, not only mentally or emotionally"

A silence lingered, "but physically" Marshall said as Anthony let out a playful laugh. "Man, she's lying. She wants attention, you know how that shit goes" he said as Marshall ran his hand over his beard.

He always did that, contemplating what he was gonna say next. "You mean to tell me she's been lying, about it all?" Marshall asked nonchalantly. Marshall pursed his lips, "man, there are visible bruises all over her body"

Anthony shook his head denying everything. "Stop fucking denying it, I found her unconscious at the bottom of a flight of stairs because of you" Marshall yelled, inched from Anthony's face.

Anthony now had no ground to stand on. Marshall sighed, "it's not even worth my time to beat the shit outta you" he said as his eyes scanned over Anthony. "I- I just wanna let you know one thing. It's only fair, man" Marshall said as a silence lingered.

"I've been fucking her" Marshall said bluntly.

My jaw dropped.

"She's been moaning my name with this shitty fucking thing on her finger" he said as he dug into his pocket. "Take this shit back" Marshall said as he threw the ring in Anthony's direction before going to walk away.

Marshall stopped, turning on his heels. "I can promise she won't have any worries from here on out. Now get the fuck outta my studio, Mazza" he said as security hauled him out.

I quickly ran back to my office, shutting the door behind me before sliding down to the floor. I could feel the tightness in my chest as my breathing became shallow, "this can't be happening, this can't be fucking happening" I muttered to myself, burying my head in my hands.

"Jessica" I heard Marshall said as he tried to open the door.

"Go away, Marshall" I said in between my sniffles.

"I- I'm sorry, Jess. I was out of line" he said as he pleaded on the other side of the door. "I don't want to talk to you right now" I said as I could hear him let out a defeated sigh. I unlocked the door, as Marshall and I made eye contact.

"I- I shouldn't have said, what I said" he said as I shook my head. "You aired out my fucking dirty laundry Marshall, for the whole studio to know"

"I- I said it in the heat of the moment" Marshall said as he tried to swallow the lump caught in his throat. "I'm gonna be known as the floozy, who fucks her boss" I said as tears started to stream uncontrollably.

"You're not a floozy. Jess I want to be with you" he said as his tone softened. "You and this baby are all that consume my mind" he said as he reached out for me. I quickly pulled away, "d- don't touch me"

"Jessica" he said softly. "I- I have to go" I said, my voice raspy.