13 [part one]

Jessica POV

My eyes fluttered open as sunlight peaked through the curtains. "Shit" I muttered, as I ran my hands over my face. I sat up, suddenly becoming aware of the dry mouth I had. I sighed and grabbed the water Marshall had set on the night stand for me. 

I chugged it, closing my eyes before a wave of nausea hit me. I moaned uncomfortable as I stumbled to the bathroom, getting myself close enough to the toilet as the acid started to come up. I tried my best to hold it down, but the nausea won as I expelled nothing from my body before sitting back against the wall, breathless. 

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, trying to regain any form of strength I had as my phone started to vibrate. I watched the phone continue to ring as I pushed down another round of vomit, only to see a text pop up. 

[New Text Message: Sky Thompson]
[Just wanting to check on you, Ant said you guys got into a nasty fight. Call me back]

I shook my head as I could feel the sting from the tears forming, "n- no, no, no" I cried out as I put my head in my hands. I let out a sigh, as tears uncontrollably fell. It was time Skyler knew the truth about Anthony, before he twisted it all. 

[Reply]
[Meet me at Dagwood's to talk, the one on Bagley St]

--

I sat anxiously staring down at the cup of coffee in front of me. "Can I get you anything else, honey?" the waitress asked. I politely declined, "just waiting on someone" I said softly as she nodded. 

"Hey, Jess" I heard Skyler say, "w- what's with the sunglasses?" she asked as he slid into the booth. I let out a heavy sigh, "Sky I have to tell you something, and it's not gonna be easy" I said  as the waitress made her way back to the table, noticing Skyler. 

"What can I get you, hun?" she asked as Skyler quickly turned her coffee mug over, "just a coffee, please" she said as the waitress nodded. "Okay, what's going on?" she asked as she turned her attention back to me. 

 "I- I don't really know where to start" I said softly. "You know you can tell me anything, Jess" she said as I slowly took my sunglasses off, revealing my bruised and swollen face. Skyler's eyes widened, "what the fuck happened to you?" she asked bluntly. 

She gently traced her fingers over the bruises, as I softly winced. "It will make sense if I start from the beginning" I said as she nodded. "Remember you told me, you wanted your relationship with Dom, to be like mine and Anthony's?" 

She nodded, "behind closed doors, nothing is perfect Sky" I said softly. "To everyone else he made our relationship look like it had no flaws. He spoiled me, gave me the big expensive engagement ring. And to everyone, I was what made his world go round"

I cleared my throat, "on the inside, I was living in my own personal hell" I said as Skyler's face scrunched in confusion. "There is no easy way to admit this" I said as I refused to make eye contact. "Jess, it's me" she said as she gripped my hand tightly. 

"Your the last person I wanna admit this to" I said as tears started to form. "These bruises, are from Anthony" I said before there was a silence between us. "Jess, h- he put his hands on you?" she asked as she stumbled over her words. I nodded, "but he spoiled the hell outta you, he loved you" she said. 

"He spoiled me for days after an altercation because he realized what he did. He wanted me to stay with him" I said as she shook her head. "Why didn't you tell me, how long has this been going on?" she asked distressed. 

"Its been so long, I- I can't remember when it started" I said softly. "Jessica" Skyler said as she gripped my hand tighter. "There's still more to the story, Sky" I said, as I tried to refocus her attention. Her face turned concerned, "I- I've been having an affair with my boss, for quite a while now" 

She scrunched her nose up, "the one that originally hired you, the bald one with the beard. Peter?" she asked as I let out a small chuckle. "His name is Paul, and not exactly" I said as I chewed at my lip. "It's Marshall" I said as her eyes widened. 

"Marshall? You're fucking sleeping, with Eminem?" she asked as I covered her mouth with my hand. 

"Shhh" I said as she grabbed at my hand. "How have you been having an affair with him, and didn't tell me?" she half whispered, half shouted. I rolled my eyes, "I think the whole point of an affair, is to not tell anyone" I said as she let out a sigh. 

"When Anthony wasn't giving me what I wanted, in more ways than one, I looked elsewhere and Marshall was there to deliver" I said as I tried to hide my smile. "It started out as me staying late to work, he'd order food and we'd sit and talk for hours"

"But the sexual tension was insufferable, so it turned into sneaky hookups but we promised each other there were no stings attached" I said. "And when he found out about the whole Anthony situation he refused to leave my side" 

"Yeah?" Skyler questioned. "A couple weeks ago, Marshall asked if I wanted to spend the night at his place. I refused and went home, but the minute I stepped into that house Anthony instigated a fight" 

"He questioned me about where I had been, he yelled and slapped me. He pushed me down a flight of stairs" I said as Skyler's jaw dropped. I cleared my throat, "Marshall was the one who found me unconscious on the floor after Anthony left me there" 

"He spent all day, and all night at the hospital with me" I said softly. "And as much of a pain in the ass Marshall is, I look forward to seeing him walk through my office door" I said as I pressed my tongue to my cheek. 

"I find myself smiling and laughing more, whenever he's around" I said. 

"Yeah?" Skyler asked as she let out a small smile. I nodded, "and as stupid as it sounds, he knows me like the back of his hand" I said softly. "And the way he's so careful about my nut allergy, Anthony could care less" 

"You like that Marshall pays attention to the smallest details, you like that he cares for you when Anthony clearly wasn't"

There was a silence between us, "you think we could talk outside?" I asked as I covered my nose, as Skyler furrowed her eyebrows. "Its like fifteen degrees outside, are you crazy?" she asked as another wave of nausea was hitting me. 

"I- I think the smell of the eggs is making me nauseous" I said as I made my way to the door, releasing nothing from my stomach, basically dry heaving. "Hey, you okay?" Skyler asked as she rubbed my back, trying to console me. 

I shrugged, "I- I don't know, this isn't the first time it's happened either" I said, "I thought it was just a side effect of the morphine"

"You think you could be pregnant?" she asked as I laughed. I shook my head, "no, I- I can't be" I said, trying to remember my last period. "You think we could go, grab a test?" I asked as I anxiously bit my lip. She nodded as she grabbed her keys without hesitation.