07

TW: Relationship Abuse

Marshall POV

As the meeting continued to drag, my mind wandered. The only thing I could concentrate on was Jessica, and her and I together. "That sound good Marshall?" I was asked. I cleared my throat, realizing I had no idea what was going on.

"Yeah" I said sternly. "That sounds good, will you excuse me?" I asked as I walked out of the conference room. I anxiously paced the studio, specifically the hallway that led to Jessica's office again, and again.

I let out a deep sigh, "where the hell is she?" I said to myself as her phone continued to go straight to voicemail. "Marshall, what are you doing man?" Paul asked as he walked down the hallway.

"I- I was looking for Jessica. Did she mention she wasn't gonna be here today?" I asked nervously, unsure how to make this not seem suspicious. Paul furrowed his eyebrows, "uh, not that I know of?" he questioned.

"I just wanted to discuss some, social media changes with her" I said. "You know, maybe do a take over of my accounts or something" I said as I shoved my hands in my pockets. He let out a laugh and nodded, "good idea, everyone goes crazy when you do that" he said as I shrugged, not really caring for this conversation to go anywhere.

"Yeah" I said as I continued to looked around, hoping she would walk around the corner. Paul cleared his throat, "I have to say, bringing Jessica on was one of the best decisions. She's a little reserved but she's good at what she does" he said causing a smile to curve my lips.

Nothing about her was reserved, but only I saw that side of her.

"Sorry to interrupt, is this Jessica Bradford's office?" a delivery guy asked. Paul nodded and pointed to her door, "right here, man" he said as the guy exchanged a grateful smile, before walking into her office. My stomach turned, seeing the flowers and boxes of candy in his arm.

"It also doesn't hurt that she's a dime, something nice to look at" Paul said as he continued to talk. From Paul's out of line comments and Anthony spoiling Jessica, I tried my best to contain myself. I could feel the frustration and the overwhelming sensation of anger as my jaw tensed up.

"I- I gotta go" I said as I walked off, slamming my studio door behind me.

--

After this morning, I decided the best thing for me for me was to lock myself in the studio and write. I desperately needed to get my thoughts straight, or at least some of them down on paper.

I sighed, running my hands over my tired eyes before realizing it was 8:30. I knew I needed to leave but before I did, I needed to pass her office once more time. As I walked down the hall, I noticed a light on and the faint sound of typing coming from her office.

A small smile curved my lips, more relieved than ever.

I lightly knocked as her attention turned to me. "Marshall" she said softly. "Hey" I said as I closed the door behind me. "I've been worried about you" I said softly, as she refused to make eye contact with me.

"Where were you this morning?" I asked, standing awkwardly with my hands in my pockets. "I had a doctors appointment, no biggie" she said quickly dismissing the question. I furrowed my eyebrows as I scanned the room, seeing the same flowers from earlier in the trash.

"Is everything okay?" I asked softly. She nodded, continuing to type. She wasn't acting like herself either, leading me to believe that something wasn't okay.

"If you need anything, I- I'm here"

It was unusual of her to say nothing but my gut led me to believe there was more to this. "Did I do something to piss you off?" I asked, desperate for her to speak. She shook her head, "I - I just would really like to be alone right now"

I sighed and intently looked at her, "Jessica" I said curiously before walking toward her. "Why is your eye bruised?"

She tried to cover her face. "I- I fell and got a little banged up" she softly. I let out a scoff, and without giving her time, I spit out another question. "Did Anthony hit you?" I asked bluntly. I could feel my blood boiling, feeling the heat spread through my body. I was numb with anger.

"I'm gonna kill him" I said as tears soaked her cheeks, as she begged, calling out my name.