Prologue

Marshall POV

I laced my fingers with her's as we raced down east thirteen mile, "Marsh, hook a left on Chicago Street. There's a motel there" she said as I pulled her in my direction. A smile curved my lips as the adrenaline rushed through me, I was on a high that no one could kill. 

Being around her was something indescribable. Her touch, or the way she calls my name puts me at ease. I desperately was becoming infatuated with her, I couldn't imagine my life without her. But for her, this was something nonchalant. 

"You sure we won't get caught?" she asked, following behind me as my jacket hung off her tiny frame. I nodded, "I promise" I said. I tightened my grip on her hand as I led her to the front door of the motel. 

"Yo, can I get a room?" I asked as I walked up to the desk. I dropped cash on the counter as the guy let out a bothered sigh. He said nothing nor looked up as he slid the room key across the counter before I took it in my hand. 

"Marsh" she breathed, cupping my face. 

I could barely get the door closed behind us as our lips hovered over each others, "yes, kitten" I said softly as a small smirk came across her. Silence filled the air, as it was replaced with the sound of heavy breathing and sloppily placed kisses. 

Her nails softly grazed the nape of my neck, causing goosebumps to form. I let out a small scoff and pressed my tongue to my cheek, "what?" she questioned curiously. "You" I said softly.