We Are Never...Ever...Ever...

Start from the beginning

Zayn moved in to take a closer look. "You'll need some ice on that mate."

Just as I opened my mouth to say "I'll get some," intending to make the point that Harry was my boyfriend and that I should be the one to look after him, Tilde was already on route to the kitchen. I cursed her silently and slumped back against the door frame.

Zayn pulled himself up to his full height and made a fist with his hands, his bicep muscles bulging. "Where were they? Outside that hut?" He turned to head out but Harry grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

"Leave it mate, seriously. We'll call the police, let them deal with it."

Louis leant his head on Beth's and let out a big sigh of relief. "Thank God you're safe my little Bethy Boo." She lifted up her head and he looked down at her and smiled. "Looks like Harry is really your superman, not me, eh?"

She looked awkward all of a sudden, nervously glancing over to Harry, then back at Louis. Louis winked at her and ruffled her hair.

I couldn't bear the way her and Harry were looking at each other, like they had some kind of secret. My stomach was in knots and I started to panic about what might be coming.

Tilde bounced out of the kitchen with a bag of frozen blueberries. "This was all I could find. They should do the trick though. They're cold."

"It's weird," Harry said, studying his hand which had turned a dark shade of purple. "You don't feel anything at the time when there's adrenaline pumping through you. I just did it without thinking. All that was going through my mind was "Get your hands off Beth."

"Tilly pops?" Niall said, pointing to the bag of frozen fruit that Tilde was busy munching her way through."They're for Hazza darlin."

She stopped mid handful, sealing the bag back up and handing it to Harry. "Oh yeah...sure. There you go big man."

Beth looked up from the sofa and smiled. "Thanks Harry," her meek little voice made me sick and I felt my rage rising. Not only did she have everyone surrounding her, eating out of the palm of her hand and fawning over her, I was pretty sure by the looks that were being exchanged between the two of them that she'd made a move on my boyfriend too. well he was mine and she wasn't having him! I fought to control my temper but I could feel everything coming to the surface. As Harry bent down and kissed her on the cheek, I snapped.

"Well, you've definitely succeeded in making yourself the centre of attention, which, let's face it, is probably what got you in trouble in the first place." I could hear the words flying out of my mouth but I couldn't stop them.

Tilde stood up defensively to face me. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

I felt my face flush hot with anger, unable to control it. "Well if you go out for a run dressed like that, you're asking for trouble.

Beth looked down at her clothes, distress showing on her face. "These are my running shorts."

"Oh, yeah. You're just so God damn innocent aren't you?" I was just about to say something about stealing other people's boyfriends when I felt everyone's eyes angrily on me. I turned and stalked out of the house onto the beach and down to the shoreline.

As I looked out to sea, I fought hard to pull myself together. I cursed myself for my outburst, knowing that I'd just given Harry even more of a reason to finish with me. I knew what was coming and I couldn't let it happen. Everything I'd dreamt about when I was curled up crying on my bed at home, my plan to escape Daniel and make Harry love me, it was all about to come crashing down on me. A sudden panic hit me at the though of having to go back to my step Mom and Daniel. I couldn't go back to that hell, I just couldn't! I took a deep breath and felt the prick of tears in my eyes. He won't leave you, I reassured myself, fighting back my emotions, not when you tell him. He won't leave you, he just won't. I just needed to tell him, I needed to tell him now.

Suddenly, I felt a strong hand grip my shoulder. I was swung roughly around and came face to face with Zayn. His eyes were wild with anger and he glared at me for an uncomfortably long time. I shuddered slightly, rooted to the spot, unable to speak, unable to tear my eyes away from his.

Eventually he spoke, his eyes still boring into me. "Why are you such a bitch?"

"I..."

"Your friend's just had a terrifying experience."

"She's not my friend." The second the words had left my mouth, he came right up to my face.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" He shouted so loud that I flinched and took a small step back. He was so angry. There was something so powerful about him and even though he scared me, it excited me. A shiver ran down my spine. Why did this boy have such an effect on me? I felt as though his eyes were boring into my soul and at that second, it was like he was the only one in the world who really knew me. Suddenly I wanted him to see my pain, to know why I was like I was. I wanted him to help me, to hold me but he just looked at me with disgust. "Harry is an idiot for letting you manipulate him. If you were my girlfriend I'd..."

He didn't get a chance to finish as at that moment, Harry came out onto the veranda and started heading towards us. Zayn kicked up the sand hard with his foot, making me jump. He glared at me a final time, his eyes flashing with hate, then strode off back to the house, leaving me totally shellshocked.

I quickly tried to recover myself as I saw Harry coming towards me. I took a huge deep breath and said quietly, "Ok, Kenzie, here goes."

As he approached me, I could see his face was stern. He stood beside me for a while before he spoke. "That wasn't nice."

I turned to him but he looked away. "I'm sorry about what I said, I just thought she was being a bit of a drama queen about it all. I mean she wasn't hurt was she?"

"If you knew how terrifying an attack like that could be, you wouldn't be so heartless. They would have raped her!"

"Yes but they didn't did they?"

"Oh my God! Do you know what Beth just went through?"

I wanted to scream, "YES! I DO! I'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH IT NEARLY EVERY GOD DAMN DAY FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS!" But all I could do was turn my head away.

We stood there in an excruciating silence for what seemed like forever. Then as Harry turned to me and opened his mouth, I knew what he was about to say. "Kenzie, I need to tell you something."

Every muscle in my body tensed. "I need to tell you something too."

"I know we've kind of been a couple since New York."

I smiled, trying to make my voice as bright as I could. "I know and it's been amazing!"

He looked down at his feet and I prepared myself. "Kenzie, this isn't going to work."

"It has to work Harry."

A confused look spread across his face. "Why?"

"Because we're going to have a baby together." I turned to him and caught hold of his hand. "I'm pregnant."

**PLEASE KEEP VOTING, WE'RE GETTING THERE! LOVE Y'ALL!!!**