Beauty Queen of Only Eighteen

BEAUTY QUEEN OF ONLY EIGHTEEN

Mackenzie

The party was in full swing and the place was packed full of people. The pool house had been decked out by outside caterers. It was down at the bottom of the garden, well away from the main house and I was hoping my step mother and Daniel would stay away as they weren't invited. Leah and Angelina had done a good job of ringing round everyone I knew and organising the food, drinks and the DJ. Yep, I sure knew how to throw a good party.

As I made my way through the crowd, the room appeared to be swaying slightly. I'd had 4 glasses of rum punch and a few shots of tequila already so I was starting to feel a bit drunk. I spotted Zac and a few of his friends on the outside terrace so I headed towards them, zig zagging slightly as the alcohol began to kick in properly. My legs felt like they belonged to somebody else and I had to concentrate hard just to walk in a straight line.

I could hear shouts of "Congratulations Kenzie!" and "Great party!" as I passed people, feeling hands on my shoulders, seeing people wave and smile. It felt like everyone was a bit distant, like I was walking through a tunnel.

Finally I made it out to the terrace and threw my arms drunkenly around Zac to steady myself. He grasped me around the waist and pulled me upright, holding me rigid and stopping me from swaying from side to side. "Hey! Here she is, the hottest girl in America!" He looked so gorgeous in his tight white Hollister t-shirt that was clinging tightly to the muscles on his tanned arms, he looked like a young Chace Crawford.

His group of friends started clapping, one of them offered me another shot of tequila which I downed, wiping my mouth with the back on my hand and clinging onto Zac more tightly for support.

"Congratulations Kenzie," Todd Kelan piped up , getting a good eye-full of my cleavage which I'd made sure was amply on display tonight with the low cut dress I'd chosen.

"Yeah," added Zac. "You did great to beat Darcy Sweetlove, she was the massive favourite to win it."

"Aw, thanks guys!" I slurred, pulling Zac's arm tighter around my waist and stumbling slightly in my heels.

After a while, the boys went back into the pool house to get more drinks, leaving me and Zac alone together. I looked around the garden and spotted Brianna Wade at the far end of the pool with a few of her girlfriends. They were all looking angrily over at us. If looks could kill! Brianna was visibly upset; Katie Burton had her hand on her shoulder and was offering her a tissue.

I made sure I waited until they were all looking over at us then I tipped my head back drunkenly so that I was looking straight up into Zac's deep blue eyes. He looked down at me and our eyes locked. "Kiss me," I demanded, closing my eyes and turning my face up towards him. I felt his warm, soft lips meet mine and I breathed in the scent of his aftershave, the slow, sensual kiss became a full on drunken snog.

A loud cry rang out across the lawn and I pulled away just in time to see Brianna Wade, running towards the house, sobbing into her hands, her friends running after her.

"Oh no! I didn't see her there," I lied, faking concern. "Hope we haven't ruined her evening." Zac looked upset as he watched her run away in tears, it was clear he obviously still had feelings for her. Not that I cared.

I stood in front of him, took hold of both of his arms and pulled on them gently. "Come on, we should go somewhere private so we don't upset anyone else," I smiled suggestively and started to walk towards the changing huts round the side of the pool house, turning and beckoning him with my finger while stumbling slightly on the uneven grass. He took one more concerned look over in the direction of where Brianna was, then followed me to the hut.