New York! New York!

NEW YORK! NEW YORK!

TILDE

"Holy fudge! That was the worst plane landing of my life Mum! Massive storm here. I thought I was going to die in a horrific plane crash before I even got to meet my little cup cakes. I have to find the meeting point now, I'll call you laters when I'm at the hotel...Nope, I won't get into trouble....Yep, promise I'll behave myself...Love ya..Byeee!"

I stopped suddenly right in the middle of the airport concourse, the poor couple behind me almost falling over my masses of bags that had stuff spilling out of them and started to rifle around looking for the paper with the competition winners instructions on it.

Ooh! Pretzels! I'd forgotten I still had them. I tipped the last few into my mouth and began turfing random junk out of my bag: packets of sweets, my 1D dolls, my 'Blingles' design kit...just in case!

Finally, I found the paper crammed into one of the pockets. I scanned the first page and read aloud. "Go1Den ticket winners please assemble by the first class lounge in New York's JFK airport... blah...blah...blah...will be met by one of the management team and driven by limo to your hotel."

Looking up, I spotted the first class lounge ahead of me so I scooped everything up off the floor, squashed it back into my bag and trudged over towards the sign, half carrying, half dragging my three heavy bags.

When I got there, there was one girl already waiting. She was all in black and wearing Doc Martin boots. She was sitting on her suitcase, staring into space.

"Hey!" I shouted, making her jump out of her skin. "I'm Tilde! Tilly! Are you a competition winner too?"

She stood up awkwardly. "Yes....I'm Anna. I'm the Australian winner."

"You're kidding me! I love Aussies!" I flung my arms around her and a look of surprise spread across her face. "How did you you win your ticket?"

"I found it in a CD case."

"Holy bat frogs! That's like fudgin' Willy Wonka! The gig is gonna be awesome. I'm so excited. I'm almost peeing my pants already at the thought of seeing them tonight."

She smiled. "Me too. I mean the excited bit, not the peeing my pants bit, well not yet."Aw, she was sweet, a bit reserved but sweet.

"Hey guys! Am I in the right place?"

I swung round to see the most stunning girl with long dark hair coming towards us, carrying two cute little patterned suitcases, a big grin on her face. "Go1Den ticket winners?"

"Yes!"

"Yay!" We both jumped up and down and I gave her a big bear hug.

"Oh my gosh, I've never been so excited in my whole life. I'm Beth, by the way. I'm the UK winner. I almost didn't make it here! We thought we'd have to be diverted to Washington because of the storm. How bad was that landing?"

I jumped as the automatic storm shutters suddenly started to roll down the glass windows of the airport, making a loud clanking noise. "I know! I grabbed hold of the old lady next to me and squeezed her hand so hard it cut off her circulation!"

Anna looked around. "I wonder how many of us there are going to be altogether? If there's one winner for every country, that's loads."

I was desperately trying to stuff my 1D pillow into one of my bags so I wouldn't have as much to carry. I stopped when I noticed Beth laughing. "What?"

She collapsed in giggles. "That's so funny! It looks like you're punching Liam in the face." I stopped, gave Liam a big kiss, then kissed Niall "I'm going to be doing this for real later, my little Nialler chops!" and tucked the pillow under my arm. I liked Beth. I had a feeling we were going to hit it off well.

Suddenly the doors of the first class lounge flew open and a blonde girl about my age strode out in a long fur coat, a Prada clutch bag under her arm. She had an entourage of airport staff behind her, most of whom were carrying her 68 million suitcases of varying shapes and sizes. "Dent that and you'll be paying for another set of luggage," she barked at the poor man struggling with her ginormous case.

When she reached us she pointed down at the floor and the staff started arranging her bags at her side. "Are you Go1Den ticket winners?"

Beth went up to her. "Yes, I'm Be..."

"Good, I'm in the right place," she cut in. Nice. Lovely girl. Not!

An audible gasp went around the airport as suddenly the boards flipped one by one to 'cancelled' on all of the departing and arriving flights. People started scurrying up to check in desks with fraught looks on their faces.

"I'm Mackenzie," the girl continued. "I won the U.S.A competition. The beauty pageant."

I opened my mouth to introduce the three of us but she cut in again. "Where are the official people who are supposed to meet us?" She fumbled in her bag and pulled out a tube of lip gloss.

"Nice to meet you too," I muttered under my breath. Beth giggled and Anna gave me a nervous smile.

Anna pointed over to the main entrance. "Here, we go."

I turned to see a tall official looking man in a suit, his hair all windswept and sticking up like tin tin, striding over to us, followed by a woman with a clipboard.

When he reached us, he pulled himself up to his full height, stuck his chest out and cleared his throat. "Congratulations Go1Den ticket winners from across the globe!"

It was clearly a pre rehearsed speech. He was speaking way too loudly, like he was addressing a crowd of a few hundred people rather than a little posse of four girls. I tried to resist the urge to laugh.

"I'm Ed Barnes and I am the chief coordinator of the worldwide 'Bring Me to 1D' Go1Den ticket competition. It's my job to make sure that all of you Go1Den ticket competition winners from across the world have a once in a lifetime experience. In short, we are here to make your dreams come true. I will be..."

He stopped mid sentence, looking the four of us over. "Is this all we've got?"

The lady to his side turned to him and nodded forlornly. She looked at the arrivals board. "That's the lot Ed. No more planes in or out of New York for the foreseeable."

"Oh God," He seemed to lose all his steam suddenly and sighed heavily, his shoulders became slumped. "Ok, this is a complete disaster." He looked like he was about to cry.

I couldn't hold up any longer. "Hey, Ed. Don't be too hard on yourself, you can't control the weather. And anyway, we're here! And we can't wait for the gig tonight. Can we girls? It's gonna be..."

"The gig is cancelled," he blurted out, unable to look any of us directly in the eye and shifting his gaze uncomfortably to the floor.

Our four mouths fell open at the same time. "You are joking I hope," Mackenzie snapped.

Ed shook his head solemnly. "I'm afraid not. One Direction will not be playing at Madison Square Garden tonight."

Beth looked at me distraught, then turned to Ed. "Surely it can still go ahead?" she pleaded. "I mean, I know the storm is bad, but once everyone is inside..."

"Young lady, I don't think you understand the severity of the situation here. There is currently a category 3 hurricane heading straight towards New York City."

30,000 FOR JOSH PIC!! CLICK ON THAT VOTE BUTTON!!!