2.

"I'm going to bed now," Iroh says as he yawns and stretches. "Yep, a man needs his rest. Prince Zuko, Chi you guys need some sleep. Even if you're both right, and the Avatar is alive, you two won't find him. Your father, grandfather and great-grandfather all tried and failed,"

"Because their honor didn't hinge on the Avatar's capture. Mine does. This coward's hundred years in hiding are over,"

"What do you think he'll look like Zuko?" Chi asked innocent laced in her voice as she thought it over.

"Umm..... Probably really old and mastered all four elements, maybe brown eyes with black hair and with a cane,"

This causes Chi to bust out laughing as Iroh couldn't help but laugh with her causing Zuko's cheeks to go pink.

"Oh Zuko your so funny, he's the Avatar why would he need a cane?" She giggled as Zuko blushed harder as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah I guess it does sound pretty stupid,"

**************

"Again," Iroh said to Zuko as Chi was sitting next to him with a cup of tea in her hand.

Zuko is facing two soldiers dressed in the uniforms of a firebending Fire Nation soldier. Zuko starts the fight by spreading his arms in the direction of the two firebenders, showering them with flames. His adversaries block Zuko's attack with ease.

Zuko shifts his weight to duck under a retaliation blast of the firebender to his left. The firebender to his right jumps forward to aim a blast at Zuko's feet.

The prince propels himself out of the way. He twists around in mid-air and directs another fire blast with his hand to the firebender that retaliated first, and another with his foot to the firebender that aimed for his feet. Both soldiers jump out of the way of Zuko's flames. Zuko lands and stretches his fists out toward his adversaries, ready to face another attack.

"YAAAA! GO ZUKO!" Chi cheered him on clapping as a smile formed on his face.

Iroh Sighs while he gets up. Causing Chi to stop cheering as she looks up at him.

"No!" He yells causing Zuko to lower his arms and looks at his uncle. "Power in firebending comes from the breath,"  Iroh demonstrates as he moves his both hand up in front of him to emphasize the breathing motion. "Not the muscles," he informs as He stretches his left arm out as if he was sending a fire blast. "The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire!" Iroh then directs a fire blast at his nephew causing Chi to gasp but that evaporates just before it would scorch him.

"Get it right this time," he said before sitting back down again.

Angry he walks toward his uncle and Chi and addresses to him.

"Enough! I've been drilling this sequence all day. Teach me the next set! I'm more than ready! I have to protect Chi!" He yells out as Iroh shakes his head.

"No, you are impatient. What if you accidentally burn Chi?" He asks as he looks away closing his eyes, not wanting to think about accidentally buring the person he cares most about.

"You have yet to master your basics. Drill it again!"

Zuko clenches his teeth in anger. He turns around and suddenly directs a power fire kick toward one of the soldiers. The firebender attempts to stop the fire blast, but he is unable to and is thrown on his back by its power causing Chi to gasp.

"Zuko-" she began but Iroh held out a hand telling her to stop.

"The sages tell us that the Avatar is the last airbender," Zuko said anger in his voice.

  Iroh, does not look pleased with the attitude of his nephew, Chi can see it within his face.

"He's had a century to master the four elements! I'll need more than basic firebending to defeat him and to protect her from him!" He yells point to Chi as he starts to yell at his uncle. "You will teach me the advanced set!"

"Zuko! Stop yelling at him! He's only trying to teach you basics to get the moves right!" Chi steps up as Zuko looks to her before softening his gaze.

"Chi, I only want to protect you, The Avatar could use you against me, I just.... I don't want you hurt," he admits causing he anger to leave her face as she sat back down on the chair.

"Very well," Iroh agrees looking back and forth between Chi and Zuko.  "But first, I must finish my roast duck," he said with a smile on his face as Zuko rolled his eyes.

He looks to Chi seeing her shiver even with the jacket around her. She's not a firebender and can't exactly warm herself up. While Uncle was eating he grabs her hand and pulls her to him, head resting on his chest as a shock expression filled her face.

"Zuko what are you doing?" She asks blushing like crazy.

"Holding you, your cold and can't warm yourself up since your not a firebender,"

"Zuko," she said snuggling into his chest further as Iroh watched the two with a smile.

His nephew can be so dumb not seeing the fact that she cares deeply for him, and he to her.  They would make a great couple if only his nephew asks her to be his.