Chapter 3: Silly Fights

Chotya laughed on Abhi's joke. Vaish made 'are you in real' face and Abhi nudged Chotya by shoulder to make him quiet. Vaish ignored his joke and turned to shopkeeper.

Vaish: Kitne hue?

Shopkeeper: 3 ruppee

Vaish looked in her wallet. Chotya also removed money from his pocket and gave to Abhi who was counting it. Vaish passed a 10 ruppee note to shopkeeper.

Shopkeeper: Please Chutte dijiye. 3 ruppee.

Vaish: Aho ab chutte kaha se du?

Abhi: Chutte du?

He cleared his throat when Vaish looked at him. He passed the note to shopkeeper who took it. Vaish kept coins on the table in anger, looking at Abhi.

Vaish: Ye lijiye.

She said while taking the note and keeping it in her wallet. She turned to leave when Abhi approached her while bouncing the ball.

Abhi: Punyat navin vatat? (Look new in Pune)

Vaish turned towards him while keeping her wallet in her purse.

Vaish: Pune me naya lage aisa kya hai?

Abhi stopped her waving his hand in no.

Abhi: Ahahe. Tumhi punyat navin vatata (You look new in Pune)

He said emphasizing the word 'Tumhi' while pointing Vaish.

Vaish (irritatedly): Ha.

She was about to leave when Abhi asked.

Abhi: Address mila?

Vaish stopped and answered.

Vaish: Mila na.

Abhi (playing with ball): Phir log mile nahi?

Vaish: Nahi nahi mile na. Udhat mansa bhetli. (Rude people met me)

Abhi (shocked) Hain?

Vaish: Bajuki aurat ne muh pe darwaja band karte hue jawab diya 'Mahit nahi'. Apman karna kisse sikhe to vo Pune ki logonse sikhna chaihiye.

She smiled sarcastically and turned to leave. Abhi was shocked hearing her. She was about to leave when Abhi called her.

Abhi: O, ek minute, ek minute. 

Vaish stopped and came near him, folding her hands to her chest. Abhi said while seeing the time.

Abhi: Adarsh gruhini (Idol housewife) ke liye ye kaam ka vakt hai. Nidan humare Pune me to. Aise vakt haat me jo kam hai vo chodke darwaje pe aaye hue vyaktika apman karna bohot aam aur swabhavik (obvious) cheej hai. (to Chotya) Ho ki nahi re?

Chotya: Ho

Abhi laughed. Vaish was seeing them in disbelief and shock. Abhi turned to her.

Abhi (smiling): Bar, ab kya karneka socha hai?

Vaish: Bajuke logonka mai kyu kuch karu?

Abhi: Ahaha. Ab aapne kya karne ka socha hai?

Vaish (sarcastic smile): Tujhe kya karna hai?

Chotya laughed while Abhi frowned.

Abhi: Are! Stree dakshinya (Feminism) ki bajese aapki vicharpus kar raha hu to aap mera hi apman kar rahe ho! Sanskar aahet ha aamchyavar Punyatlya matitle! (We have the virtues own from the fertile soil of Pune)

Abhi said whith actions.

Vaish (irritatedly): Kitna bolte ho tum. Tum thakte nahi ho?

Abhi clicked his tongue as no.