final battle

Y/n slowly stood up, standing to Brook's left. Brook patted Y/n on the back with their left hand.

"You look like shit. So, who is this guy and what's going on?"

"It's... the Mad One. He has his mask and cloak off. He's trying to destroy my world and remake it without anomalies."

"Neat." Brook said nonchalantly. "I figured this guy was one of us."

"You knew?!" Y/n asked in disbelief.

"Duh! It takes a special sort of bullshit to keep up with me. I sorta felt it when I fought him. Anyway! This guy is going to get my sword up his ass. Am I taking the kill or stalling him?"

"I... I don't know. He needed my power to reset the world."

"Well, if that's the case I'll just lightly cut him in half." Brook said rolling their shoulders. "Take your time and figure out a plan and how he is doing what he's doing."

Brook slung brook over their left shoulder, walking toward the Mad One. They sneered at her, somehow Brook could tell even if her opponent had no face.

"You owe me a helicopter. Also, thanks for letting the kid and me chat."

The Mad One lunged forward, his wound healed as he punched Brook hard enough to send them flying. Brook landed on their feet, rushing over and slashing their blade against the Mad One's right arm. Her blade stopped as the Mad One created fire, sending a pillar of it around Brook!

Brook reached out from the flames with their left hand, poking the Mad One in his nonexistent eyes. He stumbled backwards as Brook lunged forward, slashing the Mad One across their chest. Their wound leaked water as the Mad One teleported backwards.

He quickly teleported again, appearing behind Y/n. She prepared to block, but Brook was already on top of the Mad One. He was kicked in the face, Brook following it up by slashing off the Mad One's left arm at the elbow!

He teleported once again, grunting as he looked between the severed arm and the stump that leaked water.

"Me and guys with healing factors don't get along." Brook said proudly.

The Mad One formed their right hand into a blade, using it to sever his left arm off entirely before it immediately grew back.

"See, that's cheating, and I should know." Brook said annoyed.

The Mad One extended his right hand, closing it as if something were supposed to happen. They looked to their hand confused.

"Haven't you heard?" Brook asked, rushing forward as she punched the Mad One in the face. "I'm near bullshit proof!"

Y/n watched the battle as the three voices in her head tried to come up with a plan.

"Okay, so he can now do whatever he wants and create any power he wants?" Ginger asked.

"Da," Lucky confirmed. "This space between worlds is reality that he is currently in control of. Perhaps we could try absorbing the power of the space around us?"

"How would that work?" Bookworm asked.

Y/n could already imagine her world being erased if the Mad One hadn't already started. But then it hit her. Why would he need to kill her? Why not just simply hold her down until he completed the ritual? Why was she able to open a portal? There was only one answer: This was a game of king of the hill. With her power here, he couldn't complete his objective.

"Explains why he tried to take our power away a bit ago." Ginger reasoned.

"So how do we beat the guy who can take, make, copy, and give superpowers?" Lucky asked frustrated.