Chapter 13

Slayyyyyy y'all, I've been so bored recently and have nothing to do. Anyways Same mumbo jumbo, you're awesome.🫰❤️😎🧉💅🫂✌️

Izukus p.o.v

My mind flies a million different words at me. I sit down by the same plate of toast. Instead of sadness or anger, determination fills me. I want to finish the piece of toast. It's a stupid fucking goal but I still want to do it. I sit down near the bar stools and Kacchan sits next to me. I clench my jaw as I cringe thinking about eating it. I stare at it as if I was served a cancerous tumor

I feel a hand on my back, followed by a tight constriction around my torso. I hug back.

"If you can't eat it, that's fine. I just want you to try, please?" His own voice cracking created a lump in my throat. I swallowed the tears down as I nod.

I refocused my attention on the plate in front of me. My hands shake more abruptly as they reach towards the toast. I break it in half, and repeat that process once more. I grab the square I break off and place it near my mouth, my body pausing before I can take a bite. I shove the piece of food into my mouth. I swallow it down and realization hits me right in the face of what I just did. I swell with pride and guilt.

"You did good. Can you please try another square?" I nod and slowly pick up another piece.

' don't eat that, that's so many calories. You're gonna gain weight. You know it's going to happen. Your dad's going to be mad.'
He was. He would be so mad. He would be raging.
But he can't get to me. I need to gain weight. And frankly calories are going to help with that. I take another square and eat it. I swallow it down and a smile grows on my face. Before I can be asked I eat another square. My stomach fights with me.

"I-i can't eat anymore." I was expecting him to yell or sigh. He pulled me into a hug.
A

smile grew wider and wider in my face. Tears of joy fill my eyes as they threaten to spill.

"I'm proud of you." The words ring in my brain. It wasn't a normal thing for me to hear. My grip tightens on his shirt. My head rests in the crook of his neck. My head, still processing the words. The tears weren't threatening anymore, they were falling down my face. I pulled away from the hug and wiped the tears from my face.

"Thank you." He smiled. I get up off the stool and grab the plate before heading to the trashcan. I open the lid and throw the last piece of toast into the trashcan. I put the plate in the sink and start the water. I grab the soap and place it into a sponge before washing the dish. Eventually the dish gets clean but I start to feel his hands on my wrists. I put the dish away but keep washing my hands and wrists. Tear drops form in my eyes. I hear freaking from a seat as Kacchan gets up.

"You done with the dish ye-" his voice snaps me out of whatever trance I was in as he was met with a sink with red creating a perfect spiral. He walks over and shuts the water off. He puts the plate away then walks back over to me. The tears that once pricked my eyes are gone as I'm wrapped in a hug. He tries to pull away to grab something but I tug him back towards me, he chuckles at the action but quickly gives in to it. After about 2 more minutes I pull away from the hug.

"Did something happen?" I shake my head
"Was this on purpose" I shrug my shoulders. It wasn't on purpose in the sense that I wanted to hurt myself but I did mean to wash this hard and I didn't stop, even when I saw blood.