Easy As A Breath (Johnny Depp)

Start from the beginning

JD takes me by the hand, helping me to my feet as he pulls me up from the floor.

He takes a polite knee as he rebuckles the clasp of my heels that I nearly broke out of.

I hiss softly at the ache in my knee.

As Johnny tightens up my shoes from below, I watch him become alarmed by my pain.

A smile graces his face as he begins to quietly laugh to himself.
"You big baby." He nearly whispers as he places a gentle kiss onto the skin of my knee.
He holds his lips there momentarily, pushing down on my skin as his strong hands hold my leg in place.

His eyes drill holes into me as he kisses my flesh with unwavering eye contact.

Feeling slight butterflies in my stomach my palm presses against it as my lips part with an inaudibly light gasp.

"Feel better?" He furrows sweetly.

"Y—yes. I'm fine, thank you."
I begin to trip over my own words.

"Good." He smiles.
"Now let me help you with that zipper."

I sarcastically chuckle. "No need! The dress doesn't—"

As Johnny stands to his feet, my words are cut short from disbelief of his towering height.
When did the scrawny Johnny Depp, my best friend's brother, become a man!?
It's only been two years since I left LA... I can hardly remember him being so tall, standing over me as if my lengthy heels were flats.

"Something wrong?" JD becomes curious with my silent staring.

"No..." I gulp, rechasing my thoughts.
"I was only saying, I don't believe this dress fits me actually."

When my parents passed away a few years back, I moved to the countryside of Virginia with my Aunt Rose.
I swapped out cute LA party clothes for overalls and sneakers... and that's all I've been wearing since.

On this visit back to LA, Jillian really surprised me when she told me that we would be going out on the town...
I didn't pack anything to wear! Even though, I honestly wouldn't have anything for the club to pack anymore...

Luckily Jill and I have been the same size for years now!
But I guess after dropping the appetite of coke and tequila for pound cake and southern soul food, I've gone up a size or two...

"Ahh we can make it work Piper."
Johnny casually insists, as he slides behind me.

I stare in the mirror and pick with the puffy sleeves of the shoulder pads in this black-velvet dress.
I frown, unhappy with my reflection.

"This dress is so early 80s." I complain.

Johnny laughs, nearly agreeing with me.
"I must admit, this dress, Jillian doesn't wear it very much."