The Fine Print (Aaron Taylor Johnson)

An:// Listen I'm going to be real with y'all lol.
I don't know anything about war and politics, so please don't take what I say in this story too seriously, I have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm just shouting random countries!
I'm really just here to provide steamy smut with sexy war aesthetics lmao.

ANYWAYS, this story is obviously fictional and it's about a World War III if it were to ever happen lol.
It follows a young widow in a poverty stricken area of Barcelona, Spain who has to make do with life's changes when the war lands right at her doorstep. ENJOY!

Tags: #war #poverty #warcrimes #saveaaronfromgranny

———

Poverty is already hard enough to live with, but when it becomes war and poverty, that's when survival becomes impossible

My walk into town today is extra exhausting and torturous.

Barcelona, Spain is the hottest it's been since last summer and the cobblestones are unforgiving on my tired legs.

World War III propaganda is growing all over town with flyers and posters posted on every corner of every building, however I ignore each one of them being that I fight my own battles daily, the battles of poverty in a foreign country.

"Wait!" I shout running after the town's shuttle bus, nearly missing its last pick up.

"Three coins." The impatient driver sighs as he holds the door open for me.

Digging through my tattered pockets I come up with only two.

Shit.

"Eve, we aren't doing this again."
Bruno threatens to kick me off of his bus for not being able to pay the fare, once again.

"Please Bruno!" I beg as my laundry basket becomes even heavier on my hip.
"You know how far from home I am, please just take my two coins. Last time! I beg!
You know I'm good for it, I'll bake sugar cookies for you and the kids, just help me out.."

"Fine! Get on."
He rolls his eyes, finally giving into my begging.
"And I'm taking you up on those cookies Eve."

Staring at his round belly I chuckle. "I'm know you will Bruno!"

Flopping into the old beaten seat of the bus, I sigh in exhaustion.

Here I am running out of money again, not even being able to pay the bus fare.

Petty cleaning jobs and nannying gigs just aren't cutting it how I need them to anymore, but being a woman of color in a foreign country without a degree, there's just not much to offer here in the career field.

Approaching the last bus stop, I still have far to walk being that the apartment complex that I can afford nears the outskirts of town.

Lugging my bags of groceries and a basket full of laundry, I smile at the kind faces passing and the friendly playing children of Barcelona.. Regardless of how tired the warm climate and rolling hills of Spain make me, the joy of the country's hospitality will forever be inspiring.