Chapter 17

I looked at Taehyun and he also looked back.

"I know what your trying to say,maybe Megan really did take U-jin with her."I said looking worried.

"I'll make sure we handle this,she can't be smart to run far away."He said.

"Firstly I'll try to call her."I said taking out my phone.

I tried to call her but she didn't pick up.

"It's definitely her."I said looking upset for letting her even take care of U-jin because I really felt bad for her.

"How could she do this to me,after all the things I did for her?"I felt betrayed.

Taehyun suddenly hugged me to comfort me from all this mess.

"I'll take you to my home for tonight,then I promise you we will find U-jin,she can't be far away."He said as I nodded.

He really drove me home and I really regret telling Jake about U-jin.

Taehyun left me at his house as he left with to go in search for U-jin with the other policeman.

I didn't know what to do to clear my mind.

I couldn't even sleep neither had an appetite.

I began walking around the house,I even made sure the house was clean If I saw any dirt.

I went to Taehyun's room and began looking at his wall pictures I never noticed.

It was of him and some girl and they looked younger.

I smiled and just sat down to wait for his call if they really found U-jin.

It took an hour for a call.

📞...

"Hello?"I just wanted to hear only the good news.

"Y/N uhh we have bad news and good news,which one do you want to hear first?"Asked Taehyun.

"Good news."I said.

"We found U-jin and Megan."He said I felt relieved but...

"Bad news?"I asked.

"Jake has escaped from prison,he's so unbelievable."Said Taehyun sounding annoyed.

"Jake escaped!..ohh no."I felt scared but I was only thinking about U-jin this time.

"Yeah it seems he got some help,I believe there is a policeman that works with him or something."Said Taehyun.

"Let's forget him for now,can I see U-jin?"I asked.

"I'm bringing him right now,but Megan won't come she's in for questioning."Said Taehyun.

"That's good,bring him and I hope he looks healthy."I said.

"He perfectly fine."Said Taehyun.

Our call ended.

📞...

I drank some coffee with a smile on my face while looking at the door.

Just as expected Taehyun came in holding U-jin in his arms.

I smiled and hugged U-jin with tears in my eyes.

"U-jin...I missed you so much,don't ever let another woman take you away from me."I said as I hugged him again.

Taehyun was smiling besides us.

"I hope we are safe?"I asked.

"Don't worry,Jake is not around here as it seems,we don't know about his whereabouts."Said Taehyun.

"I know he will come back,maybe to try and take U-jin from me."I felt worried that I now have so many responsibilities.

I used to let Megan take care of U-jin but now I guess I'll have to do a mother job.

I made him some food and made sure he was asleep.

"I'll sleep with him."I said looking at Taehyun.

"Do so."Said Taehyun as he walked out the room leaving me and U-jin.

Me and U-jin went to sleep.

In the morning my first thought was to check U-jin and happily he was still asleep.

I woke up to prepare some food for all of us.

Taehyun walked downstairs to see me done with making breakfast.

"What's cooking?"He asked.

"I made some breakfast,hope you love it,I'll bath U-jin and then make sure he eats."I smiled.

"Ahh thanks."He smiled as he sat down to try the breakfast.

"Wow your really good."He said with a smile till there was a knock at the door.

Taehyun looked surprised so it made me question myself too.

"I'll get the door."I said as I walked to the door.

I opened when the first thing was this woman who pushed me aside and I fell to the ground.

She looked at me annoyingly and looked at Taehyun.

Taehyun looked surprised as he got up.

"Mother what brings you here?"He asked.

"Taehyun I thought my neighbor telling me your bringing a woman with a child into your house was a lie,I wasn't expecting this from you."She said.

"Mom take a seat and calm down."He said making her to seat down.

Taehyun then walked to me and helped me to get up.

"I'm sorry Y/N,my mom can have a lot of temper."He said as I nodded with nervousness.

She still gave me a stink eye.

I went to take a seat next to Taehyun because I didn't want to be killed seating next to her.

"Mom your overreacting,I'm just helping her because she's a friend and she's been through a lot.."Before he could continue talking.

"So what?I hate when your being so kind,she will take advantage of your kindness and boom she's with you forever,I know a greedy woman when I see one."She said looking at me.

"Ohh word,I've been quiet but how can I be greedy when I have so much income,I'm a surgeon."I said.

"That doesn't matter,you have a child,I want my son to marry a woman who has no children and has never experienced divorce."She said.

"It's not like I'm interested in your son."I said as there was silence.

When I looked at Taehyun he didn't even know what to say,he seemed to be in thoughts.

"You know what,I'll let her stay here for one week,I'll visit then and I don't want to see her here anymore."She said getting up.

"Mom did you come over here by bus to tell me all that?"Asked Taehyun.

"Yes,it's to make sure your okay son,I want your life to go well."She said walking to the door.

"What if I'm interested in her?"He asked as me and his mother turned to look at him.

"Don't you say such a thing,make sure when I come to visit she's gone and all her problems are settled,it would have been better if you married that friend of yours."She said going out and closing the door.

I was busy trying to read the situation.

I was also speechless that me and Taehyun couldn't even look at each other.

"I'll go bath U-jin."I said to excuse him.~