Chapter 5

I got up and took a knife in the kitchen.

"What was that noise?"I asked myself feeling a bit scared.

The first thing I did was to run to U-jin's room and I found his sleeping peacefully.

I then decided to go to the door but suddenly my phone rings.

I decided to pick up the call of the unknown number.

📞....

"Hello...?"I seemed so scared and wondered who will call me with a private number.

"......."The person just kept quiet.

"Uhm...who are you?"I asked.

"Hehehe...."I just heard a chuckle instead.

"Who are you to laugh,I just guess this is a wrong number."I said to the person.

"....."The person kept quiet.

"Stop playing pranks on me."I said with anger and immediately hanged up on the call.

📞...

I was so frustrated and scared at the same time.

"I can't believe someone called me at this time to be playing such pranks,do they think they will be part of a scary movie."I said with anger and stomped to my room.

I then sat down.

"No what if...?"I got scared as I immediately ran downstairs to the door.

I immediately opened the door holding the knife to find a kitten outside in which the dustbin had fallen to the ground.

"Ohh I got scared for nothing,I nearly believed my mom."I thought to myself as I closed the door then locked.

"I wonder when will Megan come back,I don't feel good being all alone at home,I should sleep with Ujin today."I said to myself as I walked to his room.

He was sound asleep.

"He likes to sleep,he'll grow tall."I Smiled to myself as I looked at him.

For minutes of being by his side I finally lay my head on his bed next to him and finally fall asleep without any nightmare.

Just when I wake up was the knock on the door early in the morning.

"Who could that be?"I questioned myself as I walked to the door and unlocked.

I got surprised by Megan who even did her hair and she looked really beautiful.

"Megan what have you done to yourself?"I asked as she walked in.

"I just came from....uhm...never mind,it's nothing of a change."She said.

"You look lovely."I said with a smile.

"Okay where is Ujin,I hope he's asleep for now?"She asked as she smiled and ran into the room.

"Huh I guess Megan likes being with my son so much."I sigh and walked upstairs to my room.

I noticed something.

"Did I leave the window open last night?"I questioned myself as all I could remember was that it was closed.

I just ignored it and went to take a long shower.

After that I put on my formal clothing and decided to go to work to check on my patients.

"I wish I had leave."I thought to myself knowing very well I'm late for work.

I looked at Megan feeding Ujin when I passed through the kitchen and they just seemed happy.

"I wish I could spend my days with my cute son."I thought as I walked out with a smile.

I walked to my car to find something wrong.

"When did the wheel punch?"I questioned myself.

Just then I thought of taking another car.

"Ohh word I didn't want to drive this one today ."I thought as I entered the car and began to drive straight to work.

When I arrived at work all I had to do was Apologize for my late arrival and began with surgeries that I got time for.

"Like how many people need surgery everyday,so exhausting I wonder why I even choose this job in the first place."I thought while eating a chocolate bar and seated at some corner.

Jennie had found me there while holding a bottle of water.

"Here take this and drink,you must be thirsty from all those nerves of surgery."She said.

"Phew thanks Jennie,I don't know what I'll do without you."I said as she sat next to me.

"Anyways my friend you never told me what happened between you and your ex husband,I mean he was very cute and seemed nice so it's strange you broke up."She said as I knew she had a very big mouth meaning she likes to be honest and talk a lot.

"Gossip queen,don't you dare ask...your my friend but if I tell you this one I'll be lying."I said.

"Then lie."She said.

"Your too much,you act more like a tick...I just don't like talking about him,he did make bad things."I said thinking she will understand but she just didn't understand.

"Okay then,feel ready to tell me...I promise I won't open this huge mouth of mine."She said.

"I'll tell you later then."I said trying to avoid her.

"Ahh unnie please."She began following me around but I managed to get away from her with my loaded work.

When I was done I just took a rest in my office and by surprise some beautiful flowers were send.

"Who are this from?"I questioned as I looked at the ticket to check the name but it wrote a message.

"Hehehe..."

I was surprised at the nonstop laughing

"Who could be doing such tricks,this is so not funny especially a weird message that came with nice flowers."I said with annoyance.

Since I had brought some chocolate for myself I began to eat it while thinking about the next patient I'll be doing surgery on.

Time passed and I was finally home.

At night time...

I was watching TV while Megan was busy playing with U-jin in the toy room.

But then Megan walked up to me.

"Uhm...are there any bandages left?"She asked.

I looked at her eating some popcorn.

"What for?"I asked.

"U-jin fell and hurt his knee,his knee is bleeding but not that badly."She said.

I immediately got up running to get some bandages and passed Megan to the toy room.

"U-jin...where are you hurt darling?"I asked as I walked up to him but Megan takes the bandages from my hand.

"I'll do it,you can go and watch TV."She said.

I gave her a glare.

"I know you take care of U-jin because my mom send you to do so and because I'm always busy or tired but I can also take care of him as for his my son."I said with a bit of anger.

"I don't think I said anything wrong,U-jin wouldn't be happy if you do that but only wants me to do things for him."She said.

"I'm trying all means to avoid Megan always being rude to me as If I won't fire her."I kept on glaring as she approached U-jin with a smile.

I just let it go and went to watch some TV once again but didn't feel like I was in the mood.~